I'm gonna flash you back to 1978 and present you with a scenario where the Buffalo Braves of the NBA relocate to Kansas City, Missouri instead of San Diego, California, the Cincinnati Royals in this timeline move to St. Louis, Missouri a couple years prior in 1972, but they still move to California in 1985, just not Sacramento with the Clippers never moving to SoCal (San Diego or LA) in this timeline the Kings opt for Anaheim and become the Anaheim Royals for the 1985-86 season, this eventually leads to the Seattle SuperSonics relocating to Las Vegas instead of Oklahoma City in 2008 to become the Las Vegas Venom. 

BRANDING

Main logo courtesy of DexterGraphicx

Splash-Branding.png

The "Splash" nickname is inspired by Kansas City's stature as the City of Fountains and the logo makes full use of the Clippers' brand new navy, red, and light blue (tertiary) color scheme, the font used for the primary wordmarks and jersey numbers was Linex Sweet Standard Bold, while the font used for the scripts and insignias was Kilo Regular.

EXTRA HOME SCRIPTS & AWAY SCRIPTS

Splash-Extra-Home-Away-Scripts.png

Here are the extra script logos I put together for the Splash.

EXTRA INSIGNIA & PRIMARY/ALTERNATE LOGOS

Splash-Extra-Insignia-Primary-and-Altern

There's not a ton of extra insignia logos I assembled, but I did make an alternate full script logo with the jersey scripts and a set of "fauxback" primary logos. 

HOME COURTS

Splash-Home-Court.png

The Splash's main home court is largely inspired by the Clippers new home court design for the Intuit Dome, complete with the coordinates for T-Mobile  Center on the bottom. 

Splash-Home-Court-City-Edition.png

The Splash's city edition court is inspired by the Clippers city edition uniforms from 2023-24, with the city edition script logo using the font Columbia Serial Heavy Regular. 

UNIFORMS

Splash-Uniforms.png

The Splash's uniforms are largely inspired by the Clippers brand new set of white, navy, and red uniforms, and the city edition uniform is based on the Clippers' city uniform from 2023-24. 

MOCK BILLBOARD

Splash-Billboard.png

I also made a mock billboard with Kawhi Leonard front and center and the Kansas City skyline in the background.

• Like 1

gT1BtSs.png

• maxwasson changed the title to ACROSS THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Blues (NBA) + Kansas City Splash (Clippers) (NBA)

Now for a little throwback, I have the Splash done in the style of the Lob City-era Clippers.

BRANDING

Splash-Branding.png

The Splash logo here resembles the Clippers logo from 2010-2015 alongside the blue, red, and white color scheme used by the Clippers during this timespan, the font used for the primary logo, primary wordmarks, and insignia logos was Hustle Bright Italic and the font used for the script logos was Big Fish Black.

EXTRA HOME SCRIPTS & AWAY SCRIPTS

Splash-Extra-Home-Away-Scripts.png

And here are the extra scripts I put together for the Splash, the ones I designed for the jerseys are a little different than the ones on here, because the jersey script logos have 2 outlines instead of just one, you'll get to see more of them if you scroll down to the uniforms slide.

EXTRA INSIGNIA & PRIMARY/ALTERNATE LOGOS

Splash-Extra-Insignia-Primary-Alternate-

Here are the extra insignias I put together for the Splash, as well as a bevy of alternate primary and script logos I assembled. 

HOME COURTS

Splash-Home-Court.png

The Splash's default home court is based on the Clippers home court from 2012-2015

The city edition court I put together for the Splash is custom made inspired by the Clippers powder blue jerseys from 2013-2015, in the midcourt we have a heart that references Kansas City's position in the Heart of America, we also have "816" script logos on both sides of the court referencing Kansas City's area code and the KC skyline at the bottom of the court.

UNIFORMS

Splash-Uniforms.png

The Splash's uniform set is based on the white home, red away, blue alternate, and powder blue (Which I decided to convert into the "City Edition" uniform) uniforms are based on the Clippers uniforms from 2010-2015, the font used for the jersey numbers was Kanal. 

• Like 2

gT1BtSs.png

• maxwasson changed the title to ACROSS THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Blues (NBA) + Kansas City Splash (Clippers) (NBA) - Lob City-style added

The 213 era (and technically the later Lob City years) were a failure for the Clippers franchise, but they did have a very cool aesthetic going on from 2015-2024, this part of the series combines that aesthetic with Kansas City.

BRANDING

Splash-Branding.png

The Splash's logo is based on the Clippers logo from 2015-2024 with the corresponding color scheme, the font used for the primary logos, scripts, insignias, and jersey numbers was Bitcrusher Condensed Bold.

EXTRA HOME SCRIPTS & INISIGNIA LOGOS

Splash-Extra-Home-Scripts-Insignias
I did a little switcheroo with the extra insignia logos now sharing a slide with the extra home script logos

EXTRA ROAD SCRIPT LOGOS

Splash-Extra-Road-Script-Logos.png

And here are the extra road script logos all on their own slide.

EXTRA PRIMARY/ALTERNATE LOGOS

Splash-Extra-Primary-Alternate-Logos.png

Here are the extra primary & alternate logos I put together for the Splash.

HOME COURTS

Splash-Home-Court.png

The Splash's home court is based on the Clippers home court from 2015-2019

Splash-Home-Court-Alternate.png

I also designed an alternate home court based on the Clippers home court from 2019 to 2024.

The Splash's city edition court is based on the Clippers city edition court from 2022-23, the font used for the "City Edition" script logo was Thirsty Script Extra Bold.

UNIFORMS

Splash-Uniforms.png

The Splash's uniforms are a combination of a couple different uniforms worn during this era, the white home and blue away are based on the Clippers home and away jerseys from 2017-2024, the black alternate jersey is based on the Clippers black alternate jersey from 2015 to 2017 (The later Lob City years) and the city edition uniform is based on the Clippers city uniform from 2022-23. 

• Like 1

gT1BtSs.png

• maxwasson changed the title to ACROSS THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Blues (NBA) + Kansas City Splash (Clippers) (NBA) - Lob City & 213-era style added
  • 3 weeks later...

For this next chapter in the series, we head back to California, more specifically the Mojave Desert, where a long lost baseball club in the desert is revived. 

BRANDING

Main logo, mascot logo, and cap logo are courtesy of Yusupedia

Cacti-Branding.png

As you may notice from the cowboy hat and the color scheme this is a rebrand of the single-A High Desert Mavericks who played in Adelanto, California from 1991 to 2016, and were affiliated with the Kansas City Royals from 2005 to 2006. Here I decided to change the name to "Cacti" as I think it's a better fit for the overall High Desert/Mojave Desert region, and we don't really have a ton of teams named after plants in baseball. 

EXTRA HOME & ROAD SCRIPTS

Cacti-Extra-Script-Logos.png

There wasn't a ton of extra assets, In fact there's only like 7 cap logos I made for this one because of the smaller color scheme. 

UNIFORMS

Cacti-Uniforms.png

Here is the uniform set I designed for the Cacti, it includes a standard white home, a gray away, a red home alternate and a black away alternate. 

• Love 2

gT1BtSs.png

• maxwasson changed the title to ACROSS THE 816-VERSE - High Desert Cacti (A)

It's been a while, but I was finally able to get this one done, in this part of the series, we explore what if the Omaha Royals never changed their name to the "Storm Chasers" in 2011?, This timeline has Omaha's AAA club sharing the same name as their parent club for the forseeable future. 

BRANDING

Primary, insignia, and alternate logo are courtesy of Yusupedia

Royals-Branding.png

Here we have a logo set primarily inspired by the Omaha Royals main logo from 2002-2010 but with a modern refresh, the font used for the script logos and jersey numbers was Tabac Slab Black. There's also a royal lion alternate logo inspired by the Omaha Royals' alternate cap logo from 2009-2010.

EXTRA HOME SCRIPT LOGOS

Royals-Extra-Home-Script-Logos.png

Here are the extra home script logos I put together for the Omaha Royals.

ROAD SCRIPT LOGOS

Royals-Road-Script-Logos.png

Here are all the road script logos I put together for the Omaha Royals.

EXTRA CAP LOGOS & PRIMARY/ALTERNATE LOGOS

Royals-Extra-Cap-and-Alternate-Logos.png

On the left side, you have the extra "O" cap logos, as well as a version of the primary logo with blue and gold, an "emblem" alternate logo that's a callback to the Kansas City Royals alternate logo from 2002-2005 with the "Baseball Club" at the bottom. 

UNIFORMS

Royals-Uniforms.png

For the uniforms I did a 4-piece set with a white home, a gray away, a blue home alternate with the lion ballcap, and a red away alternate. 

FAUXBACK UNIFORMS

Royals-Uniforms-Fauxback.png

I also designed a "fauxback" set which harkens back to the days when the Omaha Royals more closely resembled the Major League Club, notably before the "Golden Spikes" rebrand in the 90s. 

BONUS SCRIPT LOGOS

Bonus-Script-Logos.png

I had some fun with Struck Base and put together a set of bonus road script logos set in different minor league cities across the Midwest and South. 

• Like 1

gT1BtSs.png

• maxwasson changed the title to ACROSS THE 816-VERSE - Omaha Royals (AAA)

Not long before the creation of the present-day Kansas City Royals MLB franchise, back in 1950 there was a USHL franchise with the same name that played one lone season in 1950-51, Today these Royals get a makeover as the ECHL affiliate for the NHL's Los Angeles Kings. 

BRANDING

Royals-Branding.png

For the logo I went with a cougar mascot to differentiate it from the LA Kings' lion mascot and the Ontario Reign's dragon mascot, the black and silver of the LA Kings is still present here, and the font I used for the scripts and insignias was Scherzo Standard Black Italic. 

EXTRA BRANDING

Royals-Extra-Branding.png

There wasn't a ton of extra branding assets this time around, so I was able to fit everything into one slide, including a version of the main logo in the style of the LA Kings' brand new logo. 

HOME RINK

Royals-Home-Rink.png

Here is the Royals home rink, where the ECHL Royals would play their home games inside the Cable Dahmer Arena in Independence, Missouri. 

UNIFORMS

Royals-Uniforms.png

The uniforms for the ECHL Royals are largely based on the LA Kings uniforms with the cougar logo front and center. 

• Like 4

gT1BtSs.png

• maxwasson changed the title to ACROSS THE 816-VERSE - Omaha Royals (AAA) + Kansas City Royals (ECHL/USHL)

For this next chapter in the series, we head to the Sunflower State and wonder what if the Wichita Wranglers never moved to Springdale, Arkansas in 2008, or what if during the relocation of the New Orleans Baby Cakes to Wichita, what if they had brought back the "Wranglers" moniker instead of going with Wind Surge?

BRANDING

Main, mascot, and insignia logo  are courtesy of Yusupedia

Wranglers-Branding.png

The Wranglers are reborn with the navy, red, powder blue, and gold color scheme that the Wind Surge uses alongside a Wichita flag patch on the wrangler's uniform for some local flair. The font used for the script logos and jersey numbers was Typoster Italic.

EXTRA HOME SCRIPT LOGOS

Wranglers-Extra-Home-Script-Logos.png

Here is almost all of the extra home script logos, I couldn't quite fit every single one of them onto one slide.

EXTRA ROAD SCRIPT LOGOS PT. I

Wranglers-Extra-Road-Script-Logos.png

Here is the second page of script logos showing off most of the road scripts I designed.

EXTRA ROAD SCRIPT LOGOS PT. II & CLASSIC LOGOS

Wranglers-Extra-Road-Scripts-Classic-Log

And here is the last of the extra script logos I put together, alongside a set of "classic" logos using the red, black, and light brown color scheme used by the Wranglers from 2005-2007.

UNIFORMS

Wranglers-Uniforms.png

The uniforms for the Wranglers are largely based on the current uniforms for the Wichita Wind Surge, with a Wichita flag patch on the left sleeve. 

CLASSIC UNIFORMS

Wranglers-Uniforms-Classic.png

I also designed a set of "classic" uniforms based on the Wichita Wranglers uniforms from 2005-2007. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

gT1BtSs.png

• maxwasson changed the title to ACROSS THE 816-VERSE - Wichita Wranglers (AA)

Love the new Wranglers logo! Its bold and fresh for the Wichita Wranglers. Love the colors and the uniforms. Looks fresh and yet true to the Wichita Wranglers brand.

But being from Wichita, if they went this route with naming the team Wranglers once again, I'd hope they would go towards the mid 90s to middle 2000s branding. And not the later branding of the franchise. So I would hope the cap logos would reflect more from that era than the later era.

8 hours ago, Thunderfan23 said:

Love the new Wranglers logo! Its bold and fresh for the Wichita Wranglers. Love the colors and the uniforms. Looks fresh and yet true to the Wichita Wranglers brand.

But being from Wichita, if they went this route with naming the team Wranglers once again, I'd hope they would go towards the mid 90s to middle 2000s branding. And not the later branding of the franchise. So I would hope the cap logos would reflect more from that era than the later era.

I thought about at least doing a set with the 90s color scheme in the conception phase, but I ultimately went with the mid-2000s branding, because that's what I'm most familiar with.

gT1BtSs.png

• 2 weeks later...

This series continues with Kansas City's current ECHL franchise; the Kansas City Mavericks getting an upgrade to the NHL with a rebrand for a potential expansion/relocated franchise.

BRANDING

Mavericks-Branding.png

The Mavericks now incorporate a navy, red, and yellow color scheme reminiscent of the city's only NHL team; the Kansas City Scouts, the font used for the wordmarks and insignias was Equalize.

EXTRA SCRIPT LOGOS

Mavericks-Extra-Script-Logos.png

Here are the extra script logos I put together for the Mavericks.

EXTRA INSIGNIA LOGOS & MAIN LOGO

Mavericks-Extra-Insignia-Logos.png

Here are the extra insignia logos I put together for the Mavericks, I also put together a version of the main logo with a white outline.

HOME RINK

Mavericks-Home-Rink.png

The Mavericks would also get an upgrade on home ice going from Cable Dahmer Arena to the T-Mobile Center in downtown Kansas City.

UNIFORMS

Mavericks-Uniforms.png

The NHL Mavericks uniforms take heavy inspiration from the uniforms of the former Kansas City Scouts. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

gT1BtSs.png

• maxwasson changed the title to ACROSS THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Mavericks (NHL)
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been a hot minute, but I finally have the next concept in the series ready!, This chapter reimagines the Omaha Storm Chasers; the Kansas City Royals current triple-A affiliate right in the heart of Tornado Alley in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

BRANDING

Main, mascot, and insignia logo are courtesy of Yusupedia. 

Storm%20Chasers%20Branding.png

The Storm Chasers brand has made its way to the Sooner State, with a tornado mascot that may as well be the Omaha mascot's cousin, the cap logo is based on the Storm Chasers current cap logo but with three letters instead of just one for OKC. The full script logo is based on the Omaha Storm Chasers' current primary logo, and the font used to replicate the Storm Chasers scripts and jersey numbers was Morganite Black Italic. 

EXTRA HOME SCRIPTS & CAP LOGOS

Storm%20Chasers%20Extra%20Home%20Scripts

I was able to fit not only the extra home scripts I made, but also the other "OKC" cap logos. 

EXTRA ROAD SCRIPTS

Storm%20Chasers%20Extra%20Road%20Script%

Here are the road script logos I made for the OKC Storm Chasers, I wasn't gonna do a full "Oklahoma City" road script cause that would've looked too small on the away jerseys, so I just went with a simple "OKC" script. 

UNIFORMS

Storm%20Chasers%20Uniforms.png

The uniform set i designed for the OKC Storm Chasers is a mixture of the current home and away uniforms for the Omaha Storm Chasers, and a custom blue home alternate with a gold gradient as well as a road black alternate loosely based on several different black alternates the Storm Chasers have worn throughout the years. 

gT1BtSs.png

• maxwasson changed the title to ACROSS THE 816-VERSE - Oklahoma City Storm Chasers (AAA)