MLB by MJD7

MJD7

Love the series so far. The Mariners and Rays are especially fun and vibrant.

For the Pirates CC, I think you should try and differentiate it more from the yellow alt. Maybe making it dark grey/charcoal with black and yellow accents would work. 

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

2 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Love the series so far. The Mariners and Rays are especially fun and vibrant.

For the Pirates CC, I think you should try and differentiate it more from the yellow alt. Maybe making it dark grey/charcoal with black and yellow accents would work. 

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

That's a really good idea. I was debating whether to include the regular yellow alt at all, since I was also concerned about it being too close to the City Connect. The anthracite color could work as the base of the uniform, it certainly helps lean into the "Steel City" theme more:

D49xHMt.png

I'm not sure whether I prefer it over the original or not. One thing I really like about the original is its use of just black & gold without any white.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

That's a really good idea. I was debating whether to include the regular yellow alt at all, since I was also concerned about it being too close to the City Connect. The anthracite color could work as the base of the uniform, it certainly helps lean into the "Steel City" theme more:

D49xHMt.png

I'm not sure whether I prefer it over the original or not. One thing I really like about the original is its use of just black & gold without any white.

I love this CC concept. Normally I find myself hating just about all of the City Connects because to me they look more like gimmicky costumes than proper baseball uniforms, but this one definitely does not have that problem. Well done.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lilleff512 said:

I love this CC concept. Normally I find myself hating just about all of the City Connects because to me they look more like gimmicky costumes than proper baseball uniforms, but this one definitely does not have that problem. Well done.

Thank you! Yeah, I've been more of an apologist of the City Connect program than most, but even I am pleasantly surprised with how this one turned out.

Philadelphia Phillies

• I had a brief period where the Phils' real-life red & blue color scheme was growing on me, but the maroon & powder blue is just too good to pass up.

q0RgbqC.png daQQQ1i.png SKU5IyM.png 81U1qpy.png

• The City Connect is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I had to try to do what I could with their design that I was not impressed with. Instead of the flag colors, I stuck more closely to Phillies' historic colors, as the red-to-maroon gradient can now represent the transitions the club has made between the two shades over the years.
  • Given Bryce Harper's near-obsession with the Phillie Phanatic, I added a bit of Phanatic green as an accent. Instead of the supposedly Declaration-inspired font which really looks more like AC/DC, I went with the throwback swirly font.

DGvPLNR.png

• Like 11
  • Love 3

First of all, I'm a diehard Mets fan, so I hate the Phillies and everything they stand for. That being said...

Nice update on the Phillies road alternate to use the current 'P' logo instead of the throwback logo, but I very much prefer the Phillies' current red+blue color scheme over the maroon look. I know I know, red and blue is horribly overused, and changing the shades to maroon and powder makes the Phillies stand out more while honoring their history, but I think the Phillies pull off their current red and blue better than anybody else in baseball. Their cream home alternate with the royal blue caps are one of my favorite uniforms in the whole sport.

I LOVE the idea of a Phanatic inspired City Connect uniform. I wonder how it would look if you went all-in on that concept with a mostly green uniform with red and blue trim.

Looking forward to seeing what you've got for the Oakland A's tomorrow. They have maybe the best color scheme in the sport IMO, and it's almost impossible to go wrong with them. There are almost too many good possibilities. Also one of the only two teams without a City Connect uniform, so I'm excited to see what you come up with working from a blank canvas.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

That Phanatic City Connect is just so damn great. Put him on the cap too, though.

Thanks! Putting him on the cap would definitely be fun, I wouldn't be opposed, I just wanted to have a different logo since the Phanatic was already on the sleeve.

6 hours ago, lilleff512 said:

First of all, I'm a diehard Mets fan, so I hate the Phillies and everything they stand for. That being said...

Nice update on the Phillies road alternate to use the current 'P' logo instead of the throwback logo, but I very much prefer the Phillies' current red+blue color scheme over the maroon look. I know I know, red and blue is horribly overused, and changing the shades to maroon and powder makes the Phillies stand out more while honoring their history, but I think the Phillies pull off their current red and blue better than anybody else in baseball. Their cream home alternate with the royal blue caps are one of my favorite uniforms in the whole sport.

I LOVE the idea of a Phanatic inspired City Connect uniform. I wonder how it would look if you went all-in on that concept with a mostly green uniform with red and blue trim.

Looking forward to seeing what you've got for the Oakland A's tomorrow. They have maybe the best color scheme in the sport IMO, and it's almost impossible to go wrong with them. There are almost too many good possibilities. Also one of the only two teams without a City Connect uniform, so I'm excited to see what you come up with working from a blank canvas.

Yeah, I get that with the Phillies. Like I said, the regular red & blue was growing on me for a bit, but I just love the maroon and powder.

I think having the "Phanatic green" as any more than an accent would probably be a bit too  loud, as I was already concerned with this design being too much.

Yeah, the A's do have a wonderful uniform history. I hate to disappoint you, but I won't be creating a City Connect for them, since they don't have one in real life for me to adjust. I will say, if I did make one though, I can't imagine making it much different than @colinturner95's A's City Connect concept, as I think it's essentially perfect.

4 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Lovin’ this series!!!…That Phanatic CC is chef’s kiss!

Thank you sir!

New York Yankees

• No need to change much about the most iconic uniforms in baseball, although I added back the white outline & sleeve stripes on the road just for the sake of it.

acqpoK2.png nDeRzwk.png

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

I get why you would bring back the outline and stripes…and when first introduced, I would’ve been right there with you. But could you maybe show the road without those, for comparison’s sake?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

I get why you would bring back the outline and stripes…and when first introduced, I would’ve been right there with you. But could you maybe show the road without those, for comparison’s sake?

Sure thing, here's a look:

T3Eh1Eo.png

I go back & forth on which one I prefer. I think I give the slight edge to the white outline because it makes the Yankees a navy & white team, as opposed to just navy. I don't mind the change, though.

• Like 1

New York Mets

• The Mets set has grown on me, so there are minimal changes to the main set.
  • I reverted the black alternate to be more of a true throwback.

UBG9dlh.png tqR4GsY.png gGP3fPU.png oH5Vaj4.png

• For the City Connect, I went with a black hat, so that the magenta color can really shine a little bit more.

9KPZ7oE.png

• Like 5

Thank you! I feel ya, brother.

Also, the Mets look perfect…that black uniform is exactly how I wish they would’ve done it from the start. 

(Could I suggest the cursive New York on one of the alts so you don’t have 3 jerseys with the ‘same’ wordmark?)

• Like 1

Alright the Mets are my favorite team in all of sports so I've got a lot to say on this one lol

I'm obviously biased, but the home and road uniforms are perfect as is, so you didn't need to change the number font

For the home alt, I've never really liked the blue tops. To me, they remind me of a spring training or batting practice jersey. I'd really like to see the Mets bring back their "snow white" uniforms for a home alt, which became maybe the cleanest look the team has ever worn IMO once they got rid of the black cap and drop shadow in 2012. Would go nicely with a orange-brimmed cap like you have there, but I've never been a fan of the white outline on the NY.  Might be interesting to see how it would look if the jersey piping was orange or blue/orange instead of just blue.

spacer.png

For the road alts, the Mets have never worn anything that I think would be the perfect look. Just like I've never liked the blue tops, I've never really liked the black either, and unlike blue, black isn't even a Mets color! When they added black in the late 1990s, they also added a drop shadow to all of the wordmarks that made the whole uniform feel busier and clunkier

spacer.png

When the Mets first revived the black uniforms a few years ago, they did a true throwback like you have here

091021SubwaySeries120CW.jpg?quality=75&s

This year they updated it by removing the drop shadows and changing the color of the outlines from white to orange. IF the Mets are going to use a black jersey (which they shouldn't) then this is the right way to do it IMO because it matches the rest of the uniform set. The current blacks would be much improved with the addition of some blue and/or orange piping on the jersey and if the cap had a blue brim like they used to wear in the 2000s

Mets-BFBS7.webp

Mets-BFBS5.jpg01_c65366fb-8325-4737-b61e-517809914e4d.

In the 1980s and 2010s, the Mets wore road alts that had blue tops with grey/silver lettering, and I've always liked those more than the blue home alternates for some reason

https-3A-2F-2Frisingapple-com-2Fwp-conte

7246738.jpg?w=616

I agree with the Yankees fan (hell as frozen over) who commented above me, the "New York" script that the Mets wore on their 1987 road uniforms would work very well on a road alt 

image.jpeg

Onto the City Connects, you made a huge improvement to the caps by getting rid of the bridge on the front and changing the NY logo from black/grey to purple. I'm not a fan of the whole City Connect thing to begin with, but the Mets are particularly disappointing to me because all of the teasers and hype videos were making a big deal out of the purple (a nod to the 7 line subway that goes to Citi Field), but then the uniforms hardly have any purple on them! I've always thought that the hat should either be black/grey with a purple NY (like you have here), or black/grey with a white NY inside of a purple circle to mimic the subway symbol.

28262_580x.jpg?v=1559005982

You did well to add a little more purple, but I think you could go even further. Maybe a purple brim and/or purple typeface on the jersey? I also think the City Connects would have looked better if the pants were matching grey with pinstripes instead of white.

One last word on my Mets, I've always been curious if they could pull off a jersey with the NY logo on the chest instead of the full "Mets" or "New York" wordmark.

Sorry if my comments here are too negative, but I have some very strong feelings about my baseball team lol. You're doing a great job on this series and I'm really enjoying following along. Keep up the good work!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Thank you! I feel ya, brother.

Also, the Mets look perfect…that black uniform is exactly how I wish they would’ve done it from the start. 

(Could I suggest the cursive New York on one of the alts so you don’t have 3 jerseys with the ‘same’ wordmark?)

Thank you!

If I were to do a "New York" script on one of the alts, I'd probably choose the black. It would kind of fit into a "City That Never Sleeps" kind of theme:

LDt9slM.png

2 hours ago, lilleff512 said:

For the home alt, I've never really liked the blue tops. To me, they remind me of a spring training or batting practice jersey.

Funny enough, I love the blue alt for the Mets. I feel like it balances the blue & orange really nicely.

I'd really like to see the Mets bring back their "snow white" uniforms for a home alt, which became maybe the cleanest look the team has ever worn IMO once they got rid of the black cap and drop shadow in 2012. Would go nicely with a orange-brimmed cap like you have there, but I've never been a fan of the white outline on the NY.  Might be interesting to see how it would look if the jersey piping was orange or blue/orange instead of just blue.

I loved the "snow white" uniforms too, I definitely would have brought them back if I didn't have to choose between that or the black jersey. Just for the heck of it, here's a look with the orange brim without a white outline:

QYzmiAK.png

Orange piping surprisingly doesn't look bad, either:

OLgOlTz.png

When the Mets first revived the black uniforms a few years ago, they did a true throwback like you have here

This year they updated it by removing the drop shadows and changing the color of the outlines from white to orange. IF the Mets are going to use a black jersey (which they shouldn't) then this is the right way to do it IMO because it matches the rest of the uniform set. The current blacks would be much improved with the addition of some blue and/or orange piping on the jersey and if the cap had a blue brim like they used to wear in the 2000s

I used to not like the black for the Mets, but now I think it's cycled around to be nostalgic of the late '90s - early 2000's era. The black dropshadow was never any good, but I like the black alt itself sticking around. I think each of the changes they've made to it have been a downgrade, though. Removing the headspoon piping meant that there was even less blue in the overall color balance. Removing the white outline separating the blue script from the orange dropshadow caused the two colors to bleed together to form this purple-y color from a distance. On a white background the blue & orange touching obviously works, but I don't like it at all on a black background.

In the 1980s and 2010s, the Mets wore road alts that had blue tops with grey/silver lettering, and I've always liked those more than the blue home alternates for some reason

I agree with the Yankees fan (hell as frozen over) who commented above me, the "New York" script that the Mets wore on their 1987 road uniforms would work very well on a road alt

I never liked this version of the blue alternate because, like the current black alt, the gray & orange of the wordmark kind of seem to bleed together to me. Here's a look at your suggestion though of the "New York" script on a road blue alt:

DdkHViM.png

Onto the City Connects, you made a huge improvement to the caps by getting rid of the bridge on the front and changing the NY logo from black/grey to purple. I'm not a fan of the whole City Connect thing to begin with, but the Mets are particularly disappointing to me because all of the teasers and hype videos were making a big deal out of the purple (a nod to the 7 line subway that goes to Citi Field), but then the uniforms hardly have any purple on them! I've always thought that the hat should either be black/grey with a purple NY (like you have here), or black/grey with a white NY inside of a purple circle to mimic the subway symbol.

You did well to add a little more purple, but I think you could go even further. Maybe a purple brim and/or purple typeface on the jersey? I also think the City Connects would have looked better if the pants were matching grey with pinstripes instead of white.

I actually really like the Mets' City Connect, more than most do it seems. It feels very "New York" to me. They definitely could have standed to use a little bit more purple, like I did in my concept, but I really don't think they need much. I actually did try out matching gray pinstripe pants, and almost went with it, but the white just edged out for me. Here's a look at the matching pants, with a purple brim to boot:

ZnDcpXs.png

One last word on my Mets, I've always been curious if they could pull off a jersey with the NY logo on the chest instead of the full "Mets" or "New York" wordmark.

I almost did that for my "Cooperstown Collection" design for the Mets earlier this year, but I gave it to the Giants instead, because it was technically their club's history. Here's a look at that idea on the full uniform template, along with the "Volume I" version, which places the N & Y big on the chest like they did with their 2009 throwback.

fh5ix3O.png YAfbztL.png

Sorry if my comments here are too negative, but I have some very strong feelings about my baseball team lol. You're doing a great job on this series and I'm really enjoying following along. Keep up the good work!

Don't be sorry! I feel the same way about my Twins, which we'll see tomorrow. If everyone gave feedback this thorough, it'd be a lot more fun & interesting! I really appreciate it.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Nice work with all those alts…I’ve always enjoyed how free the Mets could be with their looks in contrast to the Yanks. I would gladly yield to the Met fan, in this one instance, lol. 

If I may suggest, for that new road alternate could you add an orange brim, but with a silver and orange outline NY?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Nice work with all those alts…I’ve always enjoyed how free the Mets could be with their looks in contrast to the Yanks. I would gladly yield to the Met fan, in this one instance, lol. 

If I may suggest, for that new road alternate could you add an orange brim, but with a silver and orange outline NY?

Sure thing, here you go:

nN6qlIj.png

38 minutes ago, lilleff512 said:

WOW you absolutely CRUSHED it on all of these. Thank you so much! I guess I'll try to keep giving thorough feedback.

Thank you!

• Love 1