College Football by MJD7

MJD7

Love the use of a hockey stripe for Minnesota! I've seen a lot of college hockey concepts that use a football stripe and Minnesota is the perfect school to do the reverse. Love this set!

• Love 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

Ha. I came up with a very similar concept while watching the Little Brown Jug game. Similar thought process too on linking the "Minnesota" stripe to the other teams, although the seed of it was echoing the striping of the block M (hence why the helmet stripe is a full Northwestern configuration). The Wild use the skinny stripe-thick stripe as well.

yiapLYT.png79BED6N.pngBAfYyNV.png

Solid work throughout this thread.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, sky1324 said:

Love the use of a hockey stripe for Minnesota! I've seen a lot of college hockey concepts that use a football stripe and Minnesota is the perfect school to do the reverse. Love this set!

Thank you very much!

14 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Ha. I came up with a very similar concept while watching the Little Brown Jug game. Similar thought process too on linking the "Minnesota" stripe to the other teams, although the seed of it was echoing the striping of the block M (hence why the helmet stripe is a full Northwestern configuration). The Wild use the skinny stripe-thick stripe as well.

yiapLYT.png79BED6N.pngBAfYyNV.png

Solid work throughout this thread.

Look at that! Very nice. I hope you don't mind, but I love that shade of maroon you went with, so I updated my set to match. It feels more accurate for Minnesota, I think my previous shade was too "red," and looked too similar to USC (even though they're still in separate conferences in these concepts, differentiating them a bit more is still nice).

22 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

No problem at all. I downloaded the SVG of the M logo from gophersports.com and just used the colors straight from that.

Ah, nice. I can't remember where I got my original shade of maroon, to be honest.

14 hours ago, JonDowd said:

Minnesota is perfect

Thanks!

I hate to Nitpick but I am a Husker Fan, Three things that I think should change, 1. The Classic "N" should never be removed from the Helmets, 2. Single stripe on helmet and pants are fine, But The single stripe on the shoulders just doesn't do it for me, 3. I would put There "Skull logo" on the shoulders instead of the stripes on the black alternate. These are still good, Just think there's some room for improvement 👍

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nickishim2838 said:

I hate to Nitpick but I am a Husker Fan, Three things that I think should change, 1. The Classic "N" should never be removed from the Helmets, 2. Single stripe on helmet and pants are fine, But The single stripe on the shoulders just doesn't do it for me, 3. I would put There "Skull logo" on the shoulders instead of the stripes on the black alternate. These are still good, Just think there's some room for improvement 👍

Each of those changes just brings them back closer to their real-life uniforms, so I can't say I'm too enthusiastic to make them, to be honest. Here's a look, though:

Rpbuo9k.png WyYzlDn.png NC0N9aZ.png

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

49 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I don't mind the slab serif N on the helmet or the change to single stripes on the sleeves, but the number font isn't very good. The 1 looks like it's peeling off the jerseys.

Funny enough, the font itself is called "Nebraska." I went with it because of that and because it matched the slab serif N almost perfectly. I figured it was close enough to a regular block font but unique to where it could work.

I thought about going with ITC Lubalin (a font that almost perfectly matches their wordmarks), but it looked just a bit too hokey for me:

rdZUrks.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nickishim2838 said:

Love what you did for Northwestern, Only major Complaint is that I don't really see them rocking grey, looks a little K-State ish, if you Keep the Alternate Uni Black along with a black helmet, You've got a real solid Set 

The decision to go with a medium gray was deliberate: It's significantly darker than Kansas State's light silver, and removing black also separates them more from TCU. Here's a look at black, though:

ZV9lCiw.png

• Like 2

On 10/12/2024 at 1:06 PM, MJD7 said:

Funny enough, the font itself is called "Nebraska." I went with it because of that and because it matched the slab serif N almost perfectly. I figured it was close enough to a regular block font but unique to where it could work.

I thought about going with ITC Lubalin (a font that almost perfectly matches their wordmarks), but it looked just a bit too hokey for me:

rdZUrks.png

After Complaining About your Previous Nebraska set, I've Actually warmed up to the Block "N" on the helmets and the Single stripe on shoulders, and get what you were trying to do to stray away from looking identical to Wisconsin, And would like to see what an away and black alternate set would look like with this look,

One slight tweak I would make though is to add the double outline to the "N" on the helmet

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nickishim2838 said:

After Complaining About your Previous Nebraska set, I've Actually warmed up to the Block "N" on the helmets and the Single stripe on shoulders, and get what you were trying to do to stray away from looking identical to Wisconsin, And would like to see what an away and black alternate set would look like with this look,

One slight tweak I would make though is to add the double outline to the "N" on the helmet

Here's a look:

FIhHmEW.png ffF1ymi.png

• Like 1