Expos Final Game Photo Gallery

CC97

It was a funeral in a sense.

But its one of those days you knew had to be coming and now that is over its time to move on.

I think the best analogy for the Expos is this

They suffered a fatal head injury on August 12, 1994.

To stay alive they were but on a ventalator to keep them breathing. For a few years they stayed strong, but losing Pedro in 1997 had their conditior deteroate. There was soem hope in a new stadium which would have revived the franchise, but teh city chose not to do it and more organs died, as the franchise lost more fans.

After MLB took over the team was dead officially but kept alive by machines there was no hope for it being revivied, eveutally Vlad would leave too making it bleaker.

The plug was finally and mericiful pulled Wednesday. Its sad for those who remember the good times, but overall its for the best as they were already long dead it was just prolonging the suffering.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tank, no need to drag the reasons for the move into this thread, there's like 20 threads already dealing with that, throw em there.

My dad drove to Montreal, we left at around 9am the day of the game, and spent the night after the game in Ontario. The drive to Montreal takes about 5 hours.

Going on the field was fun (although walking on a Major League field isn't as cool for me as it was before I worked at SkyDome - where's Braden with that pic of me working on the SkyDome field?) The Field Turf is a lot spongier than astro turf, I love it.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

My pics wont be as good and they will be late but I went to their game at Shea today and took some pics.

ut with crappy disposable cameras and I need to get thhem developed.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived