Sportsnet Strikes Again

CC97

I think the designers involved should just be flattered that their work is used. After all, the rights to the logos still belong to the teams whether original or modified.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Maybe they mistook it for the real Blue Jays' logo. There are people out there (not us) that wouldn't look closely enough to see the difference.

But on the other hand, there has got to be a way to stop the theft epedemic that's infecting our elite designers. Maybe set a password on our websites? Watermark our creations? Combo of the two. I think all efforts should be made to stop this.

Sportsnet and the Jays are owned by the same company...

I highly doubt it...

I have friends in the Legal Department at Rogers, should we seek advice?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I typed in '"Blue Jays" logo' into Google, and lo and behold, the first two that I see are mine! Crazy!

c'mon syphi, it's not your logo, it's our logo.

Of course that's what it says! [adjusts collar]

My bad, CC97! The second ones my baby... the first one is Chris' that I vectorized and copyrighted so no good-for-nothing shmo runs off to the Jays (or anywhere else) with it. Looks like that worked. :)

...and while watermarking is sometimes necessary, I avoid it at all costs. Makes the artwork look like crap. If I wanted that, I'd just make the logo look like crap in the first place and then no one would want to steal it.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I've been "kolodziejed" before, but not by such a high profile and visible organization! Sweet!

When were you kolodziejed good buddy?

Some fantasy site or something had a bunch of teams with stolen logos and they were distributing them for Madden custom teams... Stampman pointed it out, and I sent the guy a stern email offering him access to my logos for a price. They were gone shortly thereafter. Interestingly, one of the logos they had used was the only logo for the longest time that actually had a copyright notice on it.

Cubsfan... I typed in '"Blue Jays" logo' into Google, and lo and behold, the first two that I see are mine and Chris's from my site remote linked to the old Fanhome location and no longer working! Crazy!

The same site also had other logos from this site-I've let them know too, and they were also removed-he gets the logos with Google image searches

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived