Helmets, helmets, helmets

misterhabs

I am the side misterhabs because I was once in similar situation. Original USFL site wanted to sue me because we had similar information? He had no case, information is out there to grab, public domain. My site was never similar to his but original will always be copied by. Sorta like the movie "Coming to America" McDonalds and McDowells. But theses sites arn't for profit. I would hope he changes his site around though. AndrewG, you can't really do anything, why take them to court? I'm sure someone will come along and have NHL and minor league jerseys. Makes both sites better.

misterhabs - although ur site in good because it has leagues not on the Helmet Project i think u should do 1 of 2 things...

1. change ur site layout- it wouldnt hurt. try to be original in designs, thats mainly what this board is about

2. join with charles - u two can have a big site and be better than before.

untitled-1.png

You guys do realize they both link to each other, and Charles has it as one of his top links because he thinks it is so good. If he wants to change his design, cool, it'd be original. If he doesn't, Charles doesn't seem to have a problem with it, and it gives the two sites a nice consistency. The both a very good sites. Nice artwork Mr. Habs.

I am the side misterhabs because I was once in similar situation. Original USFL site wanted to sue me because we had similar information? He had no case, information is out there to grab, public domain. My site was never similar to his but original will always be copied by. Sorta like the movie "Coming to America" McDonalds and McDowells. But theses sites arn't for profit. I would hope he changes his site around though. AndrewG, you can't really do anything, why take them to court? I'm sure someone will come along and have NHL and minor league jerseys. Makes both sites better.

You're also guilty, with your obvious urls... originality people, it's cool, try it.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Careful. You might get attacked for posting that link :(

I don't think its a waste time to show MY art, & I'm focusing on including everything that's left out of Charles's site.

Does anyone have anything to comment on about the helmets? I mean, I've been visiting these boards for months and have been really impressed by all of you & your work. I never expected such a response. :(

It isn't your art, the layout is Charles, not yours, you stole it, plain and simple, you're a thief.  

In regards to your helmets, noone is complaining about the content.  It's the layout, again and again.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Ben,

Your time spent on the helmet artwork shows. Nice job. I'm sure as time passes you'll have stuff The Helmet Project doesn't have and no doubt your site layout will change too. You've got a good start here and it can only get better. Don't let us down, lad! :D

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

"Helmets, Helmets, Helmets" is a new site featuring graphic images of football helmets in a format similar to those used at this site, but a little larger. If you are looking for information about the NIFL, PIFL, women's leagues, etc., you should look here.
Directly from the helmet project

This sounds to me like a bunch of outsiders with their underwear in a bunch. Please...move on....next topic

Thanks STL Fanatic & Phire.

Zoneranger -- Thanks as well. Right now the site is almost excusively NOT helmets the Helmet Project has. The only content we have in common right now it the USFL, and even then the art is different.

To the others who think I'm a thief -- whatever gets you through the day. I wanted to show everyone my work and Charles arlready found the best way to do it. I understand that I'll have to distinguish myself and I feel I've done that with a different take on the art.

misterhabs -- nice artwork.  I like the larger images to see the detail better.

It's unfortunate it was overshadowed by the layout issue.  I understand your choice was due to focus on the helmets and not the layout.  But I have a few friends who absolutely loathe theft of their published work.  Charles seems OK with it, but please understand you may be violating copyright law.  If you do other sites in the future, you need to take this seriously.

Keep feeding us the logos.  You have done some great work.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I normally don't post messages to these boards unless I feel I really have something to contribute.  Although, I have been a regular visitor for many years.  I think it is a shame that many of you have jumped all over misterhabs for his website layout, rather than the nice work he has generously decided to share with all of us.  When I first starting visiting these sites 3 or 4 years ago, the talk was all about actual sports logos, not concepts.  Now, almost half of the posts are member's designs - which I enjoy seeing.  Rather than compliment misterhabs on his work (the same compliments you all seek when posting your designs), many of you have decided to criticize his layout endlessly.  I don't see it as a big deal, Charles doesn't see it as a big deal - so what if it is similar, habs credits him all over his site.  

Andrew G - I enjoy your NHL uniforms site, but I think you are giving yourself too much credit for Craig's Football Uniform History site.  I don't think he is honoring your site, just because he breaks down the uniforms by decade.  

CC 97 - I appreciate the hard work you have put into having Sports Logo websites available to all of us.  You truly are a pioneer in this area for the internet.  You made a comment that Habs is a thief, and that he should have originality.  I remember a few years ago you started posting baseball uniforms on your site, and they consisted of images from the MLB Guide and scans from the "Baseball Uniforms of the 20th Century" book.  I don't see this as originality, and it's using someone else's designs to post on your website.  

I think this website should focus more on sports logos, and the contributions that many of the members make, rather than using it as a means to try and discredit people.  

Kevin

I feel I have to voice my support of misterhabs.  For all we knew when he posted, that site layout was temporary, something used just so he could get the content (which is amazing) posted for all to see.  The layout can be changed whenever, the content can't.

He posted a link to a great resource and was bashed for something that had nothing to do with the content.  Like I said, for all we knew it was temporary, but instead of asking about it a bunch of people tried to jump through the Internet and strangle him for it.

I hate to call anyone out, but I find Chris' comments somewhat amusing.  Anyone wonder where the NY Americans hockey logos on CC.com came from?  I drew them.  They're now posted on LogoServer and CC.com.  A good chunk of the NHL logos on LogoServer are mine.  I never said anyone could use them but if I had a problem with Chris using my graphics, I would have brought it up with him.  I don't so I didn't (although I did almost shut my logo collection down when I saw that Logoserver had them all), but if I had that would have been between me and him.  This should be between misterhabs and Charles Arey, none of us should be involved.

About the site itself, I agree with JQK.

Arey doesn't have a problem with misterhabs using a similar layout for his site, so why should any of us?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived