Riverhead(or Hampton) Hammerheads

NoHoJoe

The NY Penn League is proposing to add a 15th team to its league for the 2006 season. One location might be the East End of Long Island, in around Riverhead of the Hamptons. If it comes to fruition, the team might be called the HammerHeads- like a HammerHead Shark.

Can anybody design a HammerHeads logo for this team?

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Where did you hear this? I have not heard of any potential "expansion" team in the Hamptons. That would not make sense for two reasons.

1. 15 teams would mean an imbalanced schedule.

2. The league could not add an expansion franchise unless MLB expanded. Each MLB team is allowed a fixed number of minor league teams now. In the old days, a team could have an affiliate in every A and Rookie League if they wanted. That is no longer the case.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Mets own territorial rights to Long Island and any new MiLB team would have to clear the Mets first.

You mean you have not heard of the Long Island Ducks?

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

1- the Ducks are an independent non-affiliated team, thus the mets would have no effect.

2- Riverhead is probably about 80 miles from Shea, so technically I doubt the Mets would be too concerned about a 5000 seat stadium, w/ 2 already in the NYPL already within 10 miles of Shea.

Riverhead, isnt really the Hamptons, Riverhead is North Fork of the island, Hamptons is southfork. I really dobt theyd use Hamptons as a name.

that all being said, I havent seen 1 word about this anywhere besides this post.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Mets own territorial rights to Long Island and any new MiLB team would have to clear the Mets first.

You mean you have not heard of the Long Island Ducks?

They're an independent team...since they aren't affiliated with Major League Baseball, they don't need to go through the process of clearing territorial rights.

Archived