Maurice richard & king clancy patches

spyboy1

This is such a change in topic from the Lakers black bands that I started a new thread.

The Canadiens (and Expos!) wore a small #9 on their sleeves in honor of Maurice Richard.

I think the Maple Leafs had a little green clover on their sweaters when King Clancy died, I'm not certain on this one.

Does anyone have a picture of the Canadiens wearing a Richard patch? I'd love to see one.

Also, you are right, the Leafs did wear a King Clancy patch in 86-87. It was a clover, or more likely an Irish shamrock, wearing a crown in a white square. I don't know what the red patch is on the other sleeve. Canadian Heart Fund perhaps? Anyone know?

http://www.nhluniforms.com/1980s/Images/MapleLeafs3.gif

http://www.dropthepucks.com/images/Tor/Clarkfrt.jpg

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

yes, the expos did put a block, black #9 on their sleeves. I believe the Maurice Richard Museum has one of the Expos #9 jerseys (worn by Lee Stevens) in it's collection now.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

yes, the expos did put a block, black #9 on their sleeves. I believe the Maurice Richard Museum has one of the Expos #9 jerseys (worn by Lee Stevens) in it's collection now.

The Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto DID have the Lee Stevens Expos home jersey (they chose Stevens because he wore #9)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

There were #9 Canadiens/Richard patches for sale on ebay, but I didn't think they ever wore them on their jerseys. That's why I was curious to see a photo.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived