Philadelphia Re-Design Project

PhilaLogos

I'm not sure if anybody has done this before, but this new project is no to re-design a certain league, but rather my hometown, Philly. I've laid out some ideas and am nearly done with the sixers. Here are my ideas:

Sixers- Complete identity overhaul. New logo and wordmark, back to the red/white/blue color scheme, new jerseys similar to '94-96 uni's.

Phillies- New logo and wordmark

Eagles- Not much here, new pant striping, coordinate the balcks, new alternate jersey

Flyers- New alternate logo and jersey

I may do the Soul, Kixx, Wings, or Phantoms as well (certainly not all of them). Any suggestions?

Howard1.jpg

My suggestion is not to touch the Phantoms. I think they have one of the best logos in minor league hockey. It is original (meaning not using the big clubs name and logo) yet pays homage to the big club.

There is too much tradition too for the Wings. They are the most storied team and longest surviving team in indoor lacrosse. It would be like changing the Canadiens or Yankees.

I like the Soul's logo. They just need a new name. :D

I designed a new logo for the Flyers a couple of years ago. I need to go find the files. I basically tweeked the existing logo. I know it didn't turn out quite like I wanted it to.

The move to get the Sixers an overhaul is overdue. I don't know what they wore in the mid 90's, but the move to red, white, and blue sounds good.

I am really looking forward to seeing your designs (since I have been adopting Philly teams since moving to PA).

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

How about just leaving them all alone! If it ain't busted, don't fix 'em!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

"How about just leaving them all alone!  If it ain't busted, don't fix 'em!"

"Typical response from you. Its a concept.

Here's an better typical response: B, B, S and S. (Betcha you haven't heard that one in a while, eh, kids?)

How about just leaving them all alone! If it ain't busted, don't fix 'em!

While I'm in general agreement with this, the Sixers are definitely broken (as has already been pointed out). I also agree that the Eagles need a little better contrast in their colors. The green, black, and charcoal are all too dark. Better if the charcoal were silver or grey.

It's where I sit.

Thank you Sec19Row53, but the Sixers are a good design IMHO. BTW, the Eagles should dump those hideous green pants and wear silver.

Archived