I hate Purdue's basketball jerseys

chakfu

Make the wordmark and the numbers the same color!

I have an old replica jersey which is nice, just gold with white numbers, Purdue in white across the front - I don't really remember them wearing ones like that though! Got it when I was a freshman in '97 for winning the dorm NCAA pool - #32 - was Mike Robinson at the time until he switched to 23...I joked that I stole it since Robinson had gotten in trouble for shoplifting, I think that was my first jersey ever

when they finally switched over from the Uconn/Tennessee womens game (I'm sorry, but why is this on network? I'm all for womens sports but women's basketball is like watching a rec league game, under the hoop, slow, and boring) Anyway...my first thought was it was a throwback jersey cause I couldn't see the wordmark. I thought there wasn't one there. I must say, nothing matched on these uniforms. If I'm not mistaken, the side panels had a white stripe on either side while the numbers were solid black. And then a white wordmark with a black outline. Plus, the gold looked flat and unattractive. Kinda like a t-shirt that you forget to use bleech on for about 3 years.

Thank god Illinois came back though :)

Yeah, it didn't make sense to me why they were keeping that game on instead of switching over to the Illini game. Especially in the midwest market.

Also, while they also need to work on the outlines and stuff, if they want to wear a gold jersey, this is a case when a slight shimmer might help.

Make the wordmark and the numbers the same color!

I have an old replica jersey which is nice, just gold with white numbers, Purdue in white across the front - I don't really remember them wearing ones like that though! Got it when I was a freshman in '97 for winning the dorm NCAA pool - #32 - was Mike Robinson at the time until he switched to 23...I joked that I stole it since Robinson had gotten in trouble for shoplifting, I think that was my first jersey ever

I've been a Purdue fan since my dad got hired by Purdue back in 1969 (yes, I saw Rick Mount play!)...and still am.

To me, the best Purdue men's basketball unis EVER were used at the tail-end of the Lee Rose era - the Joe Barry Carroll-led team that went to the Final Four in 1980 (the year I graduated H.S.)...

I really like the overall look of Purdue. You really can't go wrong with a color scheme that solid. The logo is well done. Most years their look is top notch! The Brian Cardinal years I think they looked great. I'm not familiar with the look you are speaking of PANTONE.

The only thing that needs to go...the big plastic head of the Mascot!

You think watching women's basketball is boring? Try refereeing it. Only one team out of ten might have acceptable skills. Both teams either match up because they're both bad, or you have the one good team playing aganst the crappy one and it's a blowout.

Screens? No, more like "watch out for the elbows". Co-ordination? Look on the floor with the scattered bodies. Everyone is overly aggressive, and the girls fall all over the floor. It's like a wrestling match. Not the foxy-boxing kind either.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived