Modano: Players' Resolve Has a Limit

wheateater

Sorry if this has been posted, but I didn't see it anywhere, so here goes:

TSN Article

Apparently, the guy who back in the fall said minor league hockey wages weren't enough to "feed his dogs" is worrying about players surviving as unemployed couch potatoes.

Nevertheless, Modano says ''It's going to be tough to come back in October and say that we're going to stay tough and stand firm. You're going to have guys who are saying, 'What are we doing?' You're going to have guys chomping at the bit to get a deal done.''

Very promising. I've always hoped the PA would fall apart from the inside-out, but it's a little too late for this year. Maybe next season can go then?

All-in-all, this sure doesn't sound like something he would say, but it's nice to know someone who can buy anything he wants is finally feeling for the 4th-liners working alongside Kurt Warner packing your groceries at the Piggly Wiggly.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

yeah I've always loved how players associations always say that they are looking out for the best interest of the players. B.S.! They are looking out for themselves and their hefty contracts, not the guys going back and forth between the NHL and the minors. I've always thought it was a crappy how the players rep is always some guy that makes a ton of cash. Well at least in Baseball, Hockey I'm not sure.

yeah I've always loved how players associations always say that they are looking out for the best interest of the players. B.S.! They are looking out for themselves and their hefty contracts, not the guys going back and forth between the NHL and the minors. I've always thought it was a crappy how the players rep is always some guy that makes a ton of cash. Well at least in Baseball, Hockey I'm not sure.

Yeah but how bad a life did most of the MLB players before the baseball players association got active in the 60s?

Then againn maybe its timne for the players unions to put away there big guns now. Most players in the major leagues make a pretty good living at can't really complain.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

All-in-all, this sure doesn't sound like something he would say, but it's nice to know someone who can buy anything he wants is finally feeling for the 4th-liners working alongside Kurt Warner packing your groceries at the Piggly Wiggly.

You do know that Mike lost alot of his money in the falling stock market and from bad business decisions, right? Although the actual amount is not public, as it should be, he's not as RICH as you may think.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

You do know that Mike lost alot of his money in the falling stock market and from bad business decisions, right? Although the actual amount is not public, as it should be, he's not as RICH as you may think.

As did alot of intelligent players who looked beyond today with their money.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

You do know that Mike lost a lot of his money in the falling stock market and from bad business decisions, right? Although the actual amount is not public, as it should be, he's not as RICH as you may think.

Whose fault is it that he didn't wisely put away his money? There is NO WAY anyone should feel sorry for him. He was being paid upwards of $8 million a season; none of us will ever make that much in our lifetimes! How many people nowadays are feeling sorry for M.C. Hammer?

I don't care if Mike lost his money. Too bad for him. He should fire his financial advisors if that's the problem. And, if he's got no money, why isn't he leading the charge to get any deal done to get back on the ice and make a few mill?

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I wasn't exactly sticking up for Mike.

I was replying to the original post that stated

"All-in-all, this sure doesn't sound like something he would say, but it's nice to know someone who can buy anything he wants is finally feeling for the 4th-liners working alongside Kurt Warner packing your groceries at the Piggly Wiggly.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

The more I think about this, the more I think if the players really aren't gonna hold firm, then they have a duty to the game to settle this. Is there still time for any play in this season? If so, lets get the season going guys please. NOW. :mad:

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived