Michigan state helmet change

CJR

Don't think this has been posted yet...

It looks like Michigan State's football team will be dropping the "Block S" from their helmets and going back to the "Spartan head".  All the promotional stuff around the Sports Information department has the new/old helmet and the "Block S" helmet was deleted off the MSU graphics site.

a bit of old news but thanks for mentioning it.  over at the helmet project they've had the new helmet up for a while...same shell and facemask, S replaced with spartan helmet, stripe removed.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

basically i think the change was only made to go with the new uniforms...speaking of which does anyone know what they look like or is State gonna leave us hanging til august? :;):

2016cubscreamsig.png

They're getting new jerseys again? They just got new (ugly) ones last year.

that's why they're changing :;):

2016cubscreamsig.png

The new jerseys are supposed to be like the new helmet - plain and traditional.  I believe they are going to have "MICHIGAN STATE" across the front with one-color front and back numbers - no sleeve numbers or stripes and no names on the back.  Most of this was announced in December after MSU hired John L. Smith as head coach.  All I've seen are the helmets - no uniform sightings yet.

Archived