Herbie husker...again!

ruffbuff

i tried the geocities thing...if this doesn't work, i'm going to scream...i'm a designer, not a techie!

ok. the university of nebraska is bringing back herbie husker, only a leaner and meaner version. i figured they might need some new logos to reflect the "physique" changes set to take place to the mascot. i submitted them to the ADs office and got some favorable responses. let me know what you guys think.

copy and paste...i guess?!?!?!?!?!

HERBIE N

HERBIE NEBR.

HERBIE FULL

HERBIE OLD AND NEW

Very nice work.

I have to wonder though, and PLEASE don't confuse my musings with any kind of political commentary, whether any redesign of Herbie might incorporate an ambiguous skin tone and dark hair, not unlike what the Betty Crocker Company did a few years ago when they updated her image.  Promoting diversity has been very big among major publicly funded universities these days and reviving the mascot with a substantially "less caucasian" appearance might be the safest route to take.  I also wonder whether we might also see "Harriet Husker" introduced as well.

i also thought that they would go for something "less caucasion", but following the comical herbie updates on huskers.com, there has yet to be any mention of a change in skin tone. knowing nebraska and their fans and their love for tradition, i think the university, let alone the fans, would not go for any such change. they cried so much about the slight uniform alterations last year that the new AD was all but forced to bring back a more traditional look. all of this is not really my opinion, but rather what i feel they are going to do. anyway, herbie husker is supposed to represent the farmers of nebraska, the overwhelming majority of which are white males. i mean, being a CU BUFFS fan, we don't make a fuss about changing ralphie's horns so the yaks and longhorn steers of the world don't get offended.

hmm...i'm going to put myself in the shoes of a nebraska fan.  they want herbie leaner and meaner, eh?  well this accomplishes that easily.  very nice production on this...now i shall put my other shoes back on.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived