NHL to make announcement

officeglenn

FYI ... The NHL will be making an announcement regarding the latest round of labour negotiations TODAY AT 4 p.m. EST/1 p.m. PST (about 10 minuted from now). There is a LIVE CYBERCAST on TSN.ca starting then.

I'm watching it right now. Basically Bill Daly is saying talks have broken off and they're just going around in circles and/or banging their heads against the wall, whichever metaphor you want to use. As Brian Burke said, we are "perilously close" to the next announcement of the season being cancelled.

Sorry ... I was doing that as I was listening to the cybercast. Something infuriating would come out of Daly's mouth, and I wanted to post it before I forgot it, or something more infuriating came out of his mouth.

Sorry ... I was doing that as I was listening to the cybercast. Something infuriating would come out of Daly's mouth, and I wanted to post it before I forgot it, or something more infuriating came out of his mouth.

No problem.

I'm not a big hockey fan, but I make it for a few games a year, and right now is when it sucks, because, hell, theres no football, no baseball, basketball...well...i dont like basketball. This is usually the time of year where I get into hockey.

I'm wondering, will the teams hire back the people that were fired due to the lockout, when it is over?

Don't forget about the employees who didn't necessarily lose their jobs, but got cut back to 60 or 80 per cent salary.

I was on the phone with a guy from Calgary the other day who works for the Flames, but took a leave of absence to work on promoting a series of women's hockey games across Alberta and B.C.

I'm not saying there's nothing noble about promoting women's hockey, but when people feel comfortable enough to take leaves of absence from an NHL club and do something like that, knowing they'd make the same amount of money or more, I think that speaks volumes.

when people feel comfortable enough to take leaves of absence from an NHL club and do something like that, knowing they'd make the same amount of money or more, I think that speaks volumes.

Let me repeat, I quit my job with an NHL club because they already started to tighten the rope on me.

This was in May 2004!

Because of the upcoming lockout my wage was going to be $25 Canadian per day (that's approx. $3 per hour) until the end of the lockout.

Keep in mind it cost me $14 per day to get to and from that job.

Ever had to quit your dream job? It's not fun.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

Β 

"The Mothership" β€’ News β€’ Facebook β€’ X/Twitter β€’ Instagram

Archived