My new site

CDunn

so it's not super great.  It's still better than my old one.  The adress is www.geocities.com/cnd_designs.  The underscore between cnd and designs is key.  My Webpage

All the designs are still on my old site, so I just catagorized them and link em to the new page.  The CND Designs logo had to be transferred from my Mac where I do all my stuff to my laptop (PC) so I could use Page Builder and upload it.  Therefore, the logo lost some quality.  

Here are the new designs, as promised.

Detroit Tigers

Missouri Bombers home

Missouri Bombers road

Phoenix Coyotes home

Phoenix Coyotes road

basketball design--guess who

Channel 99 music

questions?comments?feedback on designs and the site?

forgot to mention that the plane in the bombers logo is from the Capital City Bombers with another propeller added and some colors changed.  Also the Coyotes logo is the Connecticut Coyotes logo with a circle around it instead of a ridged circle.  I tried to make Coyote and Bomber logos, bu they looked horrible.

Mockba,  I'm not sure what you mean.

ohta: sabres7200 has prepared four distinct concepts and a logo set for a tv station.  here is Modernist Extremist Discrim for analysis.  

Discrim: hey man

ohta: first dish...that new NBA team, i forget the name

Discrim: me too, but they should be in st. louis and named something that sounds like a pro team.  that aside, not good but not bad either.

ohta: next, two hockey dishes.  sabres has taken two tone blue with the missouri bombers as the main ingredient, so we shall start with that first.

Discrim: i'm not sure if sabres meant to have one or two points on the yoke, because it looks like he only meant to have one but wound up with two.  logo selection is good, and he used it well.

ohta: also, a new phoenix coyotes concept...have you seen the new jerseys?

Discrim: no, but i do subscribe to Tabletop Sports Weekly(laughs).  if there were points, they would be lost due to usage of the connecticut coyotes logo.  jersey style is good, though.  bonus for the arizona map/flag logo.

ohta: and lastly, a new detroit tigers look.  the traditional english D is absent from the homes...Discrim-san, wasn't this tried before by the Tigers?

Discrim: yes, and it only lasted one year in the early 60s.  then again, the current Tigers are making a mockery of that jersey, so maybe they should make a change for a few years while Trammell molds this team into at least half-decent status; and then do like the islanders and bring the D jersey back from the dead.  This might be a good start, emphasis on MIGHT.  pinstripes, IMO, are a bad look for the tigers.

ohta: thank you, Discrim-san.  back to you in the booth.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm not sure if you were kidding or not, but Channel 99 is a band that my friends are in.  They asked me to do the logos for them.  

The two point yoke is intentional.  It matches the sleeves.  The two tone blue was chosen to reflect sky.

For the Tigers, I just wanted to do a sleevless pinstripe jersey and thought the Tigers might work well with it.

I'm not sure if you were kidding or not, but Channel 99 is a band that my friends are in. They asked me to do the logos for them.

The two point yoke is intentional. It matches the sleeves. The two tone blue was chosen to reflect sky.

For the Tigers, I just wanted to do a sleevless pinstripe jersey and thought the Tigers might work well with it.

ohta: sabres has now clarified two points.  first, channel 99 is a band, not a tv station as i previously stated.  second, the two point yoke was intentional.  Discrim is with me for additional analysis.

discrim: thanks ohta, i was wondering about the yoke.  i don't see two point yokes that much, so usually when i do i figure it was a mistake by the designer.  a bold move, and i think it would translate well on ice.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Mockba, I'm not sure what you mean.

You're saving these .gif files with a transparency, right?  It seems that you're choosing white as the transparency.  Most people probably have their web browser's background colour set to white; I don't.  So, a lot of the areas that should be white on some of the .gif files are actually showing up as grey, they default background colour on my Internet Explorer setup.

It'd probably be best to save your files so that they don't use a transparency; there doesn't seem to be a need for one.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Mockba, I'm not sure what you mean.

You're saving these .gif files with a transparency, right? It seems that you're choosing white as the transparency. Most people probably have their web browser's background colour set to white; I don't. So, a lot of the areas that should be white on some of the .gif files are actually showing up as grey, they default background colour on my Internet Explorer setup.

It'd probably be best to save your files so that they don't use a transparency; there doesn't seem to be a need for one.

same here.  i see some spots as cream, though...most notably the tigers and bobcats concepts.

2016cubscreamsig.png

I never see this problem.  But now I know what you're saying.  A design is file until I make it a .gif file.  Then the grey/cream comes in.  Not sure how to turn off the transparency.  Any help would be appreciated.

Alright, I think I fixed it. :) What I had to do is open up each individual .gif file and "paint" over the transparent areas in white.  It took me a while and then I had geocities trouble, so it's now all up.  I also loaded the new images onto my new site, so there will be no more linking to the old one.

Try these links.  Please tell me if they are still messed up.  Copy and Paste.

Tigers

bombers home

bombers road

coyotes home

coyotes road

bobcats

Erg, I know nothing about that.  When you're saving, is there an "options" (or similar) button next to where you choose the format?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

HA HA! i found it, when you save go to "Save and Send; Export File; GIF Format" when you click gif format a box should pop up asking if you want to convert the file to .gif...in the bottom right hand corner there is an "Advanced" tab, click that and another box should come up and there is your transparent color! click the color to swith it..pick something like a lime green or any color you would never use in a design. Wether you have to do this everytime you save is beyond my knowledge  :;):  hope this help, cuz its about as detailed as i can get  :D

Archived