MISL signs first female...

Dilbert

Mind you, this is the same team that had its players in near-naked poses for a calendar. The Steamers are like an XFL team stuck in the back-ass MISL.

At least they're having a Steamers (the light blue steamboat 80s variety) vs. Ambush alumni game. I think Slobo is something like 83 years old now.

Cards.png

Yeah, so I wanna be signed to a contract too, and then have in my contract a rule that she has to shower in my shower after the game...

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Despite their fierce protestations to the contrary, the 'new' MISL ('new' if you don't count their 15 or so years as the AISA, NPSL, etc.) is really shaky financially. Two franchises folding in mid-season despite their new business model is proof-positive of it.

This is a sad stunt. Not sad because they're trying to use a female soccer player to draw fans. Sad because they feel the need to do so.

nav-logo.png

They've had more than just the naked players...

Here's some of the other ads:

http://www.steamerstv.com/multimedia/ads.tpl

Also there is a Reality TV show that premiered last week. Unfortunatly (or fortunatly) I missed the Premier last week. We did some work for them actually.

Plus, everywehre you see "Got the Blues? Get the Steamers!"

By the way...here she is:

lindsay_kennedy_150.jpg

And she's the 4th Woman Indoor Soccer player.

They've had more than just the naked players...

Here's some of the other ads:

http://www.steamerstv.com/multimedia/ads.tpl

Also there is a Reality TV show that premiered last week. Unfortunatly (or fortunatly) I missed the Premier last week. We did some work for them actually.

Plus, everywehre you see "Got the Blues? Get the Steamers!"

By the way...here she is:

lindsay_kennedy_150.jpg

And she's the 4th Woman Indoor Soccer player.

After seeing this close-up...

I withdraw my earlier comment.

This is a sad stunt. Not sad because they're trying to use a female soccer player to draw fans. Sad because they feel the need to do so.

Actually, they don't need to do so. The Steamers are far exceeding gate expectations this season. There's no question this is a promotional stunt, but it's not one that's going to make or break the team. The team's in very, very good shape.

This is a sad stunt.  Not sad because they're trying to use a female soccer player to draw fans.  Sad because they feel the need to do so.

Actually, they don't need to do so. The Steamers are far exceeding gate expectations this season. There's no question this is a promotional stunt, but it's not one that's going to make or break the team. The team's in very, very good shape.

But the league as a whole isn't, and remember the MISL is technically a single-entity league.

nav-logo.png

Archived