Raleigh Rebels - Logo Release

evividsolutions

I either missed it, or I'm out of the loop, but you keep referring to "the client". Does that mean this is a project for a real team? What sport, and what league?

I hadn't heard anything locally, so this is new to me.

Raleigh Rebels, Atlantic Indoor Football League (AIFL). A real team, sorta. They're (inexplicably) playing an "all road" schedule in 2005, and if they survive that, they'll play some home games in 2006.

Why they aren't playing some home dates at Dorton Arena is beyond me.

nav-logo.png

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

* Change the color of the football to brown (or at least the tan that already exists as part of the color palette).

* Reposition the arm and hand holding the football so that you can see the ball being carried above the wordmark.

* Reposition the rebel's gun-hand further to the left so that even more of the "R" in Raleigh can be seen. Better yet, reposition his arm so as to have him firing the gun into the air.

* Lose the grey knee. Since you can no longer see the better part of the rebel's lower body, the knee is now a superfluous detail.

the footballs in the AIFL are not brown.. they are red white and blue..

Then render the football as close to what the actual AIFL football looks like as possible (i.e. copy the actual design and include more white and blue). See the football in the AFL's Nashville Kats' logo as an example (it is an accurate representation of an AFL game ball).

I am sorry, but this is going to come off as REALLY nitpicky, but it is bugging me. I know this is not totally your fault, and this probably isn't close to your final design, but some of the shadows and highlights on the clouds of smoke just seem to forced. With the light and dark grays overlapping, and not all completely "round", it seems a little rushed. And on the bottom right, there is a bit of black shadow that is not completely touching the black outline.

And I don't know if you need the extra dark shadow on the front part of the mustache. Maybe just along the left sides (our left) where the rest of your shadows were created. And try a little thicker black outline on the football, it's not consistent with the rest of the outlines.

Again, sorry to be the guy who points crap like that out.

Does there need to be THAT much smoke coming from the gun? It looks like a fog machine.

I'd like to see the tail of the R be in front of the smoke. It will put more emphasis on the word itself.

Decrease the letter spacing. You will see it better if you put the tail of the R in front. There's to much space between the R and the E. And it's also inconsistent with the L and the S.

Raleigh needs to be bigger, it's almost inconspicuous. You might have more room if you treat the word Rebels like small caps, so the R and S remain larger than the "EBEL". This will make more room to make Raleigh bigger.

And for some reason, I'd like to see an R on the front of the cowboy hat.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived