Brand new to customizing and need help getting

fropwns29

I'm not quite sure what your question is...

Are you looking for lettering and number templates for various NFL and NCAA teams? If you use the search feature you should be able to find a whole topic about this, and I think it's been updated within the last 30 days.

If it's not NFL or NCAA, then you'll have to be a bit more specific.

Also, what are you using it for? Do you just want to make your own jersey pictures with different players? Are you customizing MacFarlane figures? What programs are you using?

Any info you can provide will help us answer your question better.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

"I'm not quite sure what your question is..."

That is because I am a moron.

"Are you looking for lettering and number templates for various NFL and NCAA teams? If you use the search feature you should be able to find a whole topic about this, and I think it's been updated within the last 30 days."

Yes. If they are pre-made or a font program.

"I am customizing Mcfarlane NFL figures and I will be using word to shrink logos, etc,etc. I know this is not the best method but for what I am doing it is fine."

Okay then.

Another artist (Nick1733) and I made some NFL number and letter templates, they would be perfect for MacFarlanes, especially if you use Adobe Illustrator. They should be up soon, he is going to host them on his site.

Another place to get references is customsbyjomo.com, there are great tips and resources there.

If you need brand name logos, like Reebok, adidas, Nike, etc., go to brandsoftheworld.com

cool thanks for the info, I did have a question on how to arange the letters for the back of the jerseys. Do you put them on one letter at a time, or do you make a name strip? The name stip seems easier to me. Thanks for the help, I am such a noob at this, lol.

FP

If you're talking about stickers, that's not how they're done. Usually, once you have the jerseys that you want done, you print them out onto special decal paper (you can find it at any hooby store). There's special liquid you use that will conform the label paper to the figure.

So, I guess the answer would be a name strip. You can get decal paper clear or white. If you get the white kind, you would print out the letters on a background the same color as your jersey. If you get clear paper, you would paint a white area on your figure where you want the label to go, and fill in the rest with paint once the label is applied.

Anyway, definitely check out customsbyjomo.com, there are step by step instructions on customizing the figures. There are also a few members here who have done it, and maybe they'll respond as well with their own tips.

I've only done one so far, but I took a combo approach to the decals that worked out nicely.

I painted my entire figure white (save the skin and things like socks that wouldn't get decals) AND gave the decals a colored box around what I was printing. This allowed me to not have to get right up next to the outlines, but just kinda brush a little so it would look painted. I'm really happy with the results and am excited for my next one.

brewfig1.jpg

brewfig2.jpg

brewfig3.jpg

I've only done one so far, but I took a combo approach to the decals that worked out nicely.

I painted my entire figure white (save the skin and things like socks that wouldn't get decals) AND gave the decals a colored box around what I was printing. This allowed me to not have to get right up next to the outlines, but just kinda brush a little so it would look painted. I'm really happy with the results and am excited for my next one.

brewfig1.jpg

brewfig2.jpg

brewfig3.jpg

Really sweet Pat. I love it you ought to do an ILLINI one!!!

Well done my friend!!!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

Pat,

Yours look amazing!

And what a tattoo... I'm scared ^_^

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

That's nothing...check out customsbyjomo.com

Those guys are amazing. A few of them linger around here. StupidSuck does some nice work if i'm not mistaken as well as jomo3640 but he's only posted a couple times on here.

Incase you guys were wondering...it was orginally ricky williams...can't complain about a 4 dollar mcfarlane figure!

That's nothing...check out customsbyjomo.com

Those guys are amazing. A few of them linger around here. StupidSuck does some nice work if i'm not mistaken as well as jomo3640 but he's only posted a couple times on here.

Incase you guys were wondering...it was orginally ricky williams...can't complain about a 4 dollar mcfarlane figure!

I really love the Sweetness one of him bandstepping.

That was Walter's signature move and I still consider him the best overall back of all-time. The man did everything on crap teams. Then the one good team he's on Ditka gives a touchdown to a fat slob in the Superbowl.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

Here's some I made about two years ago.I have'nt made any since about April '03 but I'm slowly wanting to get into doing it again.The pics are not as good as Pat's but regardless......Enjoy!!

T.J.Duckett

duckettfigurefullfront.jpg

Deion Sanders-Maybe my best one

Deion1.jpg

Deion3.jpg

Deion4.jpg

John Elway

elwayclosefront.jpg

elwaymain.jpg

98Falcons.png

Archived