Eagles jersey question

EagleFan344

I actually own one with a white collar. The white collar was on the jerseys made by Starter. When Starter went out and Puma started making the Eagles' jerseys (McNabb's rookie year), they switched the collar to black.

I actually own one with a white collar. The white collar was on the jerseys made by Starter. When Starter went out and Puma started making the Eagles' jerseys (McNabb's rookie year), they switched the collar to black.

Is yours authentic?

I thought that in 97 (the first year of the bird replacing the white sleeves) that they had white collars on the white jersey, and green ones on the green.

Footall Uni's Past and Present disagrees with me, though.

Here's a link

Also, collar colors on replicas can vay a lot. Some of the white Reebok replicas that they sell in some stores (Modells and Sports Authority among others) have white collars. It seems to be the ones that they get in once the team makes the NFC title game and they get the rush shipments in. I've noticed this the last several years.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also, collar colors on replicas can vay a lot. Some of the white Reebok replicas that they sell in some stores (Modells and Sports Authority among others) have white collars. It seems to be the ones that they get in once the team makes the NFC title game and they get the rush shipments in. I've noticed this the last several years.

Yeah, the rush order ones are the ones with the incorrect collar colors. (Try saying that fast.) I was talking to a guy at Modells before the season started and he said that they had the jerseys on sale to unload the incorrect ones. I guess when the big Eagles rush happens Reebok will take any jersey it can get and print it up.

Yeah, the rush order ones are the ones with the incorrect collar colors. (Try saying that fast.) I was talking to a guy at Modells before the season started and he said that they had the jerseys on sale to unload the incorrect ones. I guess when the big Eagles rush happens Reebok will take any jersey it can get and print it up.

I heard Modells sells alot of cheap jerseys for like $40. They dont have the black collars or stripes on the sleeves. Heres a pic (ignore the SB logo)

7b_1_b.JPG

Refer to the other thread about rushed jerseys for the answer to this...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, I guess you are right.

I actually own one with a white collar.  The white collar was on the jerseys made by Starter.  When Starter went out and Puma started making the Eagles' jerseys (McNabb's rookie year), they switched the collar to black.

Is yours authentic?

It's authentic, although it is a McNabb (who never wore that style) - the Eagles' online store was clearing them out to make room for the new ones.

I did a little searching, and found this picture.

It is supposed to be a 1998 Topps Troy Vincent card. A 1998 card would have a picture from the 1997 season on it. I don't know anything about recent football cards, so I'm taking the site's word for it that this is a 1998.

Anyway, the point is that you can see the NFL shield on his jersey, and it appears to be on a white collar. So, I'd say 1997 = white collars. (maybe)

vincent.jpg

It is supposed to be a 1998 Topps Troy Vincent card. A 1998 card would have a picture from the 1997 season on it. I don't know anything about recent football cards, so I'm taking the site's word for it that this is a 1998.

Anyway, the point is that you can see the NFL shield on his jersey, and it appears to be on a white collar. So, I'd say 1997 = white collars. (maybe)

vincent.jpg

good find

vincent.jpg

good find

Yeah, I am pretty great.

ESPN NFL 2K5 on my XBOX has this jersey too and they did a pretty good job of showing all the historic uniforms... I think they show it as 96 season but I may be wrong. I am at work and can confirm later.

mvps.jpg

ESPN NFL 2K5 on my XBOX has this jersey too and they did a pretty good job of showing all the historic uniforms... I think they show it as 96 season but I may be wrong. I am at work and can confirm later.

1996 white jersey's have two stripes (green / black) with white in the middle on the sleeves. No eagle head.

One of the more rediculous uniform updates in recent memory if you ask me. At least they realized it after only one season.

1996 white jersey's have two stripes (green / black) with white in the middle on the sleeves. No eagle head.

One of the more rediculous uniform updates in recent memory if you ask me. At least they realized it after only one season.

You are correct, BBTV... the game displays the ones I referred to exactly as you describe.

Both versions are hideous IMO...

of course if they win the super bowl, I don't care what they wear.

mvps.jpg

Archived