Detroit Speed

MSO94

Ok I am sorta new to this i have added a uni once or twice for the Girl baseball league. now i need some help

This is the logo i came up with for both my Icehockey team and my Fantasy hockey team. BUT i am at a stand still. I cant seem to make it more Pro looking and i am having trouble with the colors and what color should be what. The team colors are Black ,Purple, Grey and White. I was talking with Streeter and he suggested i send it out to the board for some artist help and vectorizing. I would love to have somebody help me with this

I need to get this for my Ice team for this coming season with out the name Speed on it plus a copy with the name Speed on it the font im not stuck on.

If somebody could help me please let me know

Thank you

Michael

Detroit Speed Logo

Mustangs banner.png

big banner.png

I like it, aside from two things:

1. I'm not sure if the name Speed seems entirely fitting. A horse, while a natural speedy animal, just doesn't really say SPEED to me.

2. The horses mouth looks really weird.

Other than that, it's a very nice logo.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Well I started out as a big Detroit Fan Being from Detroit.

and what comes to mind for the city of detroit ...Cars. Cras have a lot of Horse power if they are to be worth a crud. Horse power builds Speed So thats how a horse and Speed came together.

What could or should be done with the mouth I want him to have a piss'd off look

Michael

Mustangs banner.png

big banner.png

The name you picked may BE Speed. But the logo SAYS "I'm leaning on a fence maybe.......talking to a girl, getting some sun, having a smoke....

You can sell the speed of it without even spelling out the word. But you can't just spell out the word, and invoke speed.

Also, giving animals human arms/traits is ........dicey. (Unless its Trogdor).

His sunglass bow is stuck IN his ear.

At least find some lines that move and in a consistent direction or something. Otherwise, ditch speed and use a different word.

To make the animal not grin, don't let the mouth turn upward.

Good luck.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Here's my suggestion... Make the horse look like it's in the process of going in a speedy motion ala the Ford Mustang Horse. That would be the best way to do a horse and speed IMO. Of course, you've already got a great looking horse. All you need is to put some speed to the horse, and add that same feeling to the wordmark and you've got a solid one.

Well I started out as a big Detroit Fan Being from Detroit.

and what comes to mind for the city of detroit ...Cars. Cras have a lot of Horse power if they are to be worth a crud. Horse power builds Speed So  thats how a horse and Speed came together.

What could or should be done with the mouth  I want him to have a piss'd off  look

Michael

I can buy that explanation. I guess that would explain the horse on the Detroit Pistons logo. You might take a look at that for ideas on how to add some "motion" to your logo:

DetroitPistons99.GIF

(courtesy of logoserver.com)

LT

• 2 weeks later...

Archived