Happy canada day

Puckguy14

not only did a Canadian invent hockey, but believe it or not, Canadian James Naismith invented basketball!

Great thanks they give us eh! ONE measly NBA team! And only 6 Canadian NHL teams left!

Happy Canada Day!

I'm posting on the 2nd, but whatever, Happy Canada Day from Atlanta!

Canada's national anthem is so much better than Americas. Canada's is a tribute to a beautiful country and its people, while America's is a tribute to war.

Now to clear some things up.

1. I was under the impression that the weed thing somehow only applied in Vancouver. Heard it on a travel show, I think.

2. Contrary to popular belief, hockey is actually a French game. Just brought it over to French-Canada. Hockey come from the French, "hoquet" which means bent stick. When the game originated, people used shepards crooks as sticks. The game was actually invented to be lacrosse on ice. Lacrosse is a native american game.

Last word on Canada day from me- (even if it is late now!) I had extra maple syrup with my ice cream last night and a particulalrly welcome drink of Labatts later as well! Hope you Canadians had a pleasant time of ot! (Do you go out and celebrate? If so hope your heads arent too sore today!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived