The Quest for the Cup!

Dilbert

I just got back from what is most likely the final Mighty Ducks home game. We went home winners 5-1 over Milwaukee forcing a game 7 in Milwaukee on Sunday. Lucky me some of us season ticket holders are going up on a bus Sunday morning to go to the game and then return to Cincinnati around 2 or 3 in the morning. Unfortanutly for me I had to promise my Dad that I would be up and not complain about being tired and go to school on Monday. It isnt official yet but if the Ducks loose this game it will be their final game. The Portland Pirates have said that their new affiliate would be one of the 16 teams in the Calder Cup. The Cincinnati Enquirer called all the other 15 teams and all denied of them going to Portland next season. The Ducks could not deny the report. Basically we only have about 3 choices.

1. New Jersey has been rumered that they want out of Albany.

2. Utah might be sold and we'll have to pray that Phoenix is desperate and come to Cincinnati.

3. Columbus buys out their final year with Syracuse or we sit out a season and then become affiliated with Columbus.

They are all long shots, but we gotta hope and pray that there is hockey in Cincinnati next season.

I hope the rumors arent true about the Ducks quackin out.

Let's hope they can ride this playoff run all the way til the end!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got back from what is most likely the final Mighty Ducks home game. We went home winners 5-1 over Milwaukee forcing a game 7 in Milwaukee on Sunday. Lucky me some of us season ticket holders are going up on a bus Sunday morning to go to the game and then return to Cincinnati around 2 or 3 in the morning. Unfortanutly for me I had to promise my Dad that I would be up and not complain about being tired and go to school on Monday. It isnt official yet but if the Ducks loose this game it will be their final game. The Portland Pirates have said that their new affiliate would be one of the 16 teams in the Calder Cup. The Cincinnati Enquirer called all the other 15 teams and all denied of them going to Portland next season. The Ducks could not deny the report. Basically we only have about 3 choices.

1. New Jersey has been rumered that they want out of Albany.

2. Utah might be sold and we'll have to pray that Phoenix is desperate and come to Cincinnati.

3. Columbus buys out their final year with Syracuse or we sit out a season and then become affiliated with Columbus.

They are all long shots, but we gotta hope and pray that there is hockey in Cincinnati next season.

I hope the rumors arent true about the Ducks quackin out.

Let's hope they can ride this playoff run all the way til the end!

From what I have heard from a fan who went with us on the trip to Milwaukee, he said that a team offical talked to him and said that the Ducks are gone. Catch em while you can. The Monday and Wednesday home playoff games are $1 beer night.

Right now we just got to pray that Utah folds and Phoenix comes to us out of desperation.

Signature intentionally left blank

Archived