The Quest for the Cup!

Dilbert

I would have thought the Amerks would easily take the West this year, but they crapped it up down the stretch.

Ahhhh, but they did win the KILPATRICK TROPHY.

Injuries killed this team for the last month. They're just getting back onto the ice.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pulling for Hartford; I'm pretty sure they'll dispose of Lowell easily.

That sets up a Hartford-Manchester war in the second round. If the Wolf*Pack can somehow take Manchester down, I think it might be clear sailing toward the Calder Cup finals.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I would have thought the Amerks would easily take the West this year, but they crapped it up down the stretch.

Ahhhh, but they did win the KILPATRICK TROPHY.

Injuries killed this team for the last month. They're just getting back onto the ice.

Roy just coming back should certainly help. It sucks about Pominville though.

BTW, I can't wait to see Vanek in the playoffs...

Hate to be a homer (okay, not really,) but I can't help but have a good feeling about the Wolves this year. Just like their 3 previous championship runs, they started out the season very mediocre, then just went on fire after the All-Star break, and that momentum always seems to help them come playoff time. Plus Lehtonen is just sick between the pipes.

As a side note, since the AHL absorbed the remnants of the IHL, the Calder Cup has been won by a former IHL franchise every season.

2001-02: Chicago

2002-03: Houston

2003-04: Milwaukee

(Hmm... maybe it's time for Manitoba to carry on the tradition... and as much as I hate the Moose, Sterling's jerseys make me drool.)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from what is most likely the final Mighty Ducks home game. We went home winners 5-1 over Milwaukee forcing a game 7 in Milwaukee on Sunday. Lucky me some of us season ticket holders are going up on a bus Sunday morning to go to the game and then return to Cincinnati around 2 or 3 in the morning. Unfortanutly for me I had to promise my Dad that I would be up and not complain about being tired and go to school on Monday. It isnt official yet but if the Ducks loose this game it will be their final game. The Portland Pirates have said that their new affiliate would be one of the 16 teams in the Calder Cup. The Cincinnati Enquirer called all the other 15 teams and all denied of them going to Portland next season. The Ducks could not deny the report. Basically we only have about 3 choices.

1. New Jersey has been rumered that they want out of Albany.

2. Utah might be sold and we'll have to pray that Phoenix is desperate and come to Cincinnati.

3. Columbus buys out their final year with Syracuse or we sit out a season and then become affiliated with Columbus.

They are all long shots, but we gotta hope and pray that there is hockey in Cincinnati next season.

Signature intentionally left blank

More on the Ducks possible move to Portland. If it is indeed the Portland Pirates they will become, does anyone find it odd that the Ducks always playe PIRATES of the Carabien music durring the opening ceremonies each night?

Yo Dilbert, can they pull it off v. Kari and Chicago?

I see the ducks winning just one game, but you never know. Look at what Chiodo is doing in Scranton.

I love this Bryzgalov kid. I've had my eye on him for over a year now.

Manitoba v. Rochester.

IT'S ON!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I gotta throw my support for the lone Canadian team in the playoffs.

GO, YOU CRAZY MEESE! (meese being the plural of moose) :flagcanada:

And by the way, have they started with the WhiteOut again?

Seeing that in the Calder Cup final...that would send a mighty powerful message to NHL brass.

If they aren't in another negotiation.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Some how I had a feeling THIS would happen.... :cry:

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

V

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I don't think anyone saw this coming...the top two seeds in the Atlantic Division both went down in 6.

Now it's Lowell vs. Providence in the Calder Cup Atlantic Division Finals. And because the circus is at the Dunkin Donuts Center, it will be a 3-3-1 format, with Lowell the higher seed and home ice advantage.

GO LOCKMONSTERS!!!

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

When Mark Popovic scored the series winning goal with 13 seconds left in the game, I went nuts. The admirals fans alltogether just got up and left and didnt even care. As I was walking out of the Bradley Center some Milwaukee fans came up to me and said" Beat Chicago!" I replied" Well you just told us that we sucked 14 seconds ago, but ok." It was truly an amazing game. I didnt get home until about 5 this morning and then I had to go to school, but I only made it through 4 periods before I had my mom get me.

WOLF*PACK ALL THE WAY, but they got no where. So, I'm going for Providence in the east and Manitoba in the west. Hopefully, the Lock Monsters drop the series vs. providence in 4 games. Last time a team beat the Wolf*Pack in the playoffs (wilkes-barre), they got their butts kicked next series, so i'm hoping for the same.

WOLF*PACK ALL THE WAY, but they got no where. So, I'm going for Providence in the east and Manitoba in the west. Hopefully, the Lock Monsters drop the series vs. providence in 4 games. Last time a team beat the Wolf*Pack in the playoffs (wilkes-barre), they got their butts kicked next series, so i'm hoping for the same.

PROVIDENCE?!? No self-respecting Hartford hockey fan would root for anyone connected in any way with the Bruins! :P

(But I do want to see Lowell lose, so I guess I can let it go for one playoff series. But the P-Bruins'll still be The Hated Baby B's to me.)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived