Diamondbacks/marlins concepts

Chazberg

Here's my design page, courtesy of my buddy STL Fanatic. Right now it has my first two concepts, for the D-Backs and Marlins. For the D-Backs I dropped black from the scheme completely because if you don't already know, I HATE BLACK IN UNIFORMS!!! GGGRRR!!! Except of course for my palehose! :D And guess what I did for the Marlins? LOL no, the black is not all gone, but I made teal the central color once again. LMK what you all think. Soon I shall add some concepts for the brown Padres and Rockies.

IMO these concepts are a perfect example of why black shouldn't be trashed as a color for unis. For my money the D'backs needed some black just for contrast as much as anything. The Marlins look better and overall these aren't bad concepts. Just something seemed to be missing!?!?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Chaz...

I really like the D-backs designs.  The green one is most flashy and IMO it would be better if there was a slightly lighter shade of green used.

The Florida one is also really good.

Keep the designs coming.

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

Pretty good overall, EXCEPT for the D-backs home...take how much you hate black, square it and multiply that result by 1000, and you have how much I HATE pinstriped vests.

IMHO, any team that entered the league after 1911 should be FINED for pinstriped unis... :D

Actually, what the Arizona jerseys, save the home, are missing is white.  There needs to be an outline of some sort there to set of apart from the jersey colour, and white usually does that well.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

As I Diamondbacks fan, I'm always happy to see creative reinterpretations of the uniforms. I really dig that you've removed pinstripes from the road unis. I don't mind them on the home gear, but on the grey road background they look awful, IMO.

What I don't like is the two-toned caps. There's too much purple and turquoise, and mixing them together is a baaaaaad move. I wouldn't mind if the all-purple home caps were used away as well. Otherwise, I agree that there's need for some black in the unis.

What I'd REALLY like to see is a uniform design that de-emphasized the purple and turquoise and used black and copper as their primary elements, both home and away. I'd love to see some try their hand at a design that incorporates those preferences.

Notwithstanding my critiques, those are well rendered works. Thanks.

Archived