goin down under and back

Discrim

We usually get two shows--the "match of the week" (which here is Friday morning at 1am) and the highlights show on Friday night.  I have my DVR record both of them, but it looks like there was no highlights show this week.

The match of the week that I have recorded from this week is Carlton v Hawthorn from Round 6.

I only got the highlight show, though this week had enough of the Bombers-Lions match to see Essendon needs a lot of help that's not coming anytime soon. I'll be astounded if they somehow avoid the cellar at season's end. <_<

Yeah, tell me about it :cursing::mad:

On the postive side my Edmonton Bombers are cruising. Can't wait for the matchup against pcgd's Sidney Farmboys two weeks from now :D

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We usually get two shows--the "match of the week" (which here is Friday morning at 1am) and the highlights show on Friday night.  I have my DVR record both of them, but it looks like there was no highlights show this week.

The match of the week that I have recorded from this week is Carlton v Hawthorn from Round 6.

I only got the highlight show, though this week had enough of the Bombers-Lions match to see Essendon needs a lot of help that's not coming anytime soon. I'll be astounded if they somehow avoid the cellar at season's end. <_<

It got worse tonight.

We were in front most of the night, and Sydney came back to win.

We're now 2-5 and I've pretty much given up hope of making the finals (playoffs)

And there's only 15 games to go!

At one stage, an Essendon tackled a Sydney opponent high, and knocked him down. He told him "get up", and he stayed down "come on, get up you weak dog".

And the umpire paid a 50 metre penalty, which is not allowed for in the rules.

It's like he made it up on the spot.

Do you think just calling someone a "weak dog" deserves a penalty?

And just to make sure this thread stays on this board, and doesn't get moved to Sport General, here's South Carolina Gamecocks uniform I've done:

South-Carolina-Footy.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

switching gears a bit, I'm crossin over. although you'll have to wait a day or two to see a Chargers or Bears jumper, I do wanna present a couple crossovers the other way :D

First, Collingwood.

CollingwoodGridiron.gif

used the magpie on their old road guernsey...before you say anything, this is doable and I don't care who says it aint! :D

then, Fremantle

FremantleGridiron.gif

as you see, teh anchor ended up taking too much room on the front for me to feasibly put a front number on, and I never made any real attempt to fix it. I'd considered teh head of the Docker logo for the helmet, and probably shoulda gone that route. Jaguars lettering used for all lettering

I would post the Essendon one i did back in september, but I wanna redo that set somewhat.

i tell ya what, I couldn't have done it without rmered's site :)

okay, okay...so I got lazy with the pants...it happens :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think it would really cool if you only took a wing from the secondary Magpie logo as the helmet a-la-Philadelphia Eagles.

As for Freo; there has to be someway to put the numbers in there. Maybe you can put the anchor design on the sleeve instead of the front. I don't know.... :D

I saw, I came, I left.

It got worse tonight.

We were in front most of the night, and Sydney came back to win.

We're now 2-5 and I've pretty much given up hope of making the finals (playoffs)

And there's only 15 games to go!

At one stage, an Essendon tackled a Sydney opponent high, and knocked him down. He told him "get up", and he stayed down "come on, get up you weak dog".

And the umpire paid a 50 metre penalty, which is not allowed for in the rules.

It's like he made it up on the spot.

Do you think just calling someone a "weak dog" deserves a penalty?

And just to make sure this thread stays on this board, and doesn't get moved to Sport General, here's South Carolina Gamecocks uniform I've done:

South-Carolina-Footy.gif

that was funny, i was wondering why you would call someone a weak dog, when there are a thousand words to call a player?

also, it appears, it was another word that was used and the umpire changed the word so it doesnt go on bational tV (co the AFL Umpires are miked up)

discrim, love the Dock-Dock-Dockers, but not the Collingwoood really because i hate collignwood

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

a funny thing happened just now...I got inspiration. And inspiration told me to use my modified Lions logo-Detroit, not Brisbane ;) because inspiration told me to give you this:

LionsAussie.gif

2016cubscreamsig.png

a funny thing happened just now...I got inspiration.  And inspiration told me to use my modified Lions logo-Detroit, not Brisbane ;) because inspiration told me to give you this:

It's great! Just one problem.... Hummer is a GM vehicle :D Not only that, the real Detroit Lions are owned by Ford :lol:

I saw, I came, I left.

a funny thing happened just now...I got inspiration. And inspiration told me to use my modified Lions logo-Detroit, not Brisbane ;) because inspiration told me to give you this:

LionsAussie.gif

Lions sponsered by Dodge and Hummer (GM)?!?! Whoops! The Ford family owns the football team. :D

They are really sharp looking jumpers though Discrim. I think you really found a niche. All of them that you have done are really cool. Nice work.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

That Lions Home uni is pretty good.

I like the Lion on the front.

I was thinking of how some teams share names.

Brisbane were the Bears, but merged with Fitzroy who were the Lions, to form the Brisbane Lions.

West Coast (Perth) are the Eagles

Essendon are the Bombers (CFL)

Hawthorn are the Hawks

So here's the first AFL jumper, in North American colours and logos (where appropriate)

Philadephia Eagles in West Coast's uniform. (Some licence taken)

Philly-Footy.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

i tell ya what, there is possibly no more perfect sponsor than an eagle and his cream cheese ^_^

now I continue on my path to somewhere...that said, I throw upon you the Arizona Cardinals in Adelaide-style jumpers...

CardsAussie.png

there seemed to be a lot of references to Alltel on the Cards site, so I went with it. I labeled the below a heritage jumper, though it's more a third.

CardsAussieHeritage.png

and if you guys are wondering about the running cardinal logo, it's the same running card I updated a few months ago, with the needed changes for a sport change...here we go in all its glory :D

CardsAussielogo.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

the program I use lists it as "rust." it's close enough to Cardinals red for me to use effectively, IMO...it must show up differently on ohter folks' screens, although I do acknowledge it's lighter than their real red.

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 2 weeks later...

I figure it's time to unveil some new blood...so here goes. First off, Da Bears

BearsAussie.png

all I could think of was a clash :D

and then the Steelers

SteelersAussie.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

COOL!

That Notre Dame one looks great.

I liked that Kangaroos jumper, and they ditched it as they believe everyone who was going to buy one has bought one. So they released a new version, which is rubbish.

The Navy and Green look great in that design.

You're inspiring me to have another go at the AFL/NFL crossovers with nicknames.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived