Anyone bought on this site?

marlinfan

Someone on another board found this site that sells tons of old minor league caps.

Link

Just wondering if anyone has made a purchase on this site and what quality do their products have. I was thinking of getting some old Miami minor league caps. But I'm not sold on this site and their products.

Here are some Miami based minor league team caps I found:

Miami Flamingoes

MIATC35.GIF

Miami Sun Sox

MIAFI52.GIF

Miami Marlins

MIAI55.GIF

thoughts?

1997 | 2003

I've bought 2 Cooperstown Ballcap Co. caps, and have these reviews of the two:

First, I bought my father this 1950 Chicago Cubs cap as a birthday present a few years ago:

CHIN50.GIF

He loves the cap, and wears it regurarly in the winter. I bought it because it was the cap the Cubs wore the first time we went to Wrigley when he was a kid. The only complaint is the reference I made to, "in the winter." The wool is very warm, and he finds that even the Chicago summers are too warm to wear the cap in.

The second cap is the 1977 Pittsburgh Pirates I bought for myself:

PITN77.GIF

I was very dissapointed in this one. This was before American Needle came out with their reproduction, and I wish I had waited and saved my money. The pillbox does not stand-up right, and the hat does therefore not look right. The quality of the hat, other than the pill-box, is nice. The leather sweat-band is high quality, the stitching is nice, the brim is firm, and holds well and the hat is put together very well. They, however really screwed up the pillbox.

I hope this helps. I would say the hats are very high quality, if you want something to accurately reproduce the look of the origional. I'd be concerned with the wool hat, being in Florida, and I'd never order a pillbox hat from them again, but would order a regular ballcap. Good luck!

Moose

edit - let's put it this way, I've been looking for a Yomiuri Giants cap for a long time. If they made one, I'd buy it in a second.

I have bought a couple of caps from this company. There are a couple of things to remember when buying from Cooperstown Ballcap - these caps are handmade and they are often made on the old equipment used for making caps in the 30's and 40's. The more recent the cap is, the more disappointed you will be - especially if you are used to the New Era Cooperstown Collection caps or the American Needle caps. They are unstructured in the front, so they all resemble a cap from the 30's and 40's. If you are looking for a pre-WWII cap, they are pretty good. Also, they have a soft leather headband and are very confortable.

First, I bought my father this 1950 Chicago Cubs cap as a birthday present a few years ago:

CHIN50.GIF

Does everyone who sees that hat just assume it's a Bears hat?

Since the "C" is red, and dark red, at that, they have assumed it's a Cincinatti Red's hat, more than anything...

I have bought a couple of caps from this company.  There are a couple of things to remember when buying from Cooperstown Ballcap - these caps are handmade and they are often made on the old equipment used for making caps in the 30's and 40's.  The more recent the cap is, the more disappointed you will be - especially if you are used to the New Era Cooperstown Collection caps or the American Needle caps.  They are unstructured in the front, so they all resemble a cap from the 30's and 40's.  If you are looking for a pre-WWII cap, they are pretty good.  Also, they have a soft leather headband and are very confortable.

I completely agree with this. The older the cap, the better - Pre WWII is likely the best.

Moose

Archived