Return of the Trident

TwoRsAndTwoLs

While I like the font used for the team name, I think having the numbers in the same font may detract from it a bit. Maybe a standard navy block number would make the wordmark "pop" a little more?

Do you think it would be too awkward to use this font for the numbers on the back, even if I were to use block numbers on the front?

Not really. I think it would look fine with the custom font on the back but plain on the front.

Also, I love the new hat logo you did. Looks great on the solid blue cap. I like where this is going.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, now that I think I've settled on a hat design, I have to question the alternate jersey. I don't want to be redundant and use that logo twice, after all.

I'll post some front & backs of what we've already got here in a while when I get some time -- I gotta move some stuff off of my laptop and onto my desktop and go the Mariners' game tonight against Boston.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

It's a nice design and a good concp. However I wouldn't like it if it was actually used by the M's. They have a great design now which has lasted them 12 years now. The teams most succes happened during that time.

It's a nice design and a good concp. However I wouldn't like it if it was actually used by the M's. They have a great design now which has lasted them 12 years now. The teams most succes happened during that time.

True, there's no way the M's are going to (nor should they) change uniforms for quite a while. Then again, I think they have tweaked their current logo a few times over the years, especially with their teal/green color. I think they could keep on tweaking it for a long time.

That said, maybe I'm full of crap, but I think this hat logo is something they should use instead of some of their throwback fashion caps... I mean, the 81-86 star-trident logo in a dark green color on a baby blue cap? It doesn't make sense! Nor does a brown cap with a light blue drop-shadow "S" (87-92).

It also makes me laugh when I hear "the team has had the most success" in reference to their current uniforms. The team has ONLY had success wearing their current duds. Previous to this logo, they seriously only had one winning season! Okay, enough of my high horse.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Did this for the hell of it... I'm thinking too many outlines, but what do you think?

Trident2005Mark2.jpg

Quit while you're ahead :P

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived