Citadel Redesign #2

scar988

The number font looks too... I don't know, balloon-ish, cartoon-ish. I would expect a tougher, more rigid font coming from something like The Citadel.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

One suggestion for you, which has some historical context: Maybe incorporate red into the color palette? The Citadel Corps of Cadets flies a red version of the SC state flag, called "Big Red," at games and on campus. The flag's origins date to the Civil War when it was flown by a battery of Citadel cadets who fired the first shots of the war.

u418.gif

The Columbia/Carolina blue and red scheme could give you the opportunity to experiment with variations on the old Houston Oilers scheme as well. ;)

tzch6.jpg

Yeah... the logo is a nice piece of artwork, but wouldn't be a reasonable logo in real life. Maybe try and make it more line-art based. As it stands right now, there would be no way to embroider that on anything, would take tremendous skill to paint on the field, and just would be practical in a lot of the applications that an athletic logo needs to be.

I think it's headed in the right direction, but it is definitely is something that could stand to be traced.

i'm with the others on the logo - too much detail - simplify this and you've got a solid concept - i particularly like idea behind the secondary - not feeling the wordmark AT ALL...both fonts are too "out-there" for a place like the citadel...something more traditional is in line for the wordmark and number font on the jerseys

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived