Kansas City Royals changes for 2006

Royals Insider

The Royals will have five Authentic jerseys next year including the BP jersey. The BP jersery will not change. The primary home and away jerseys will no longer be vests. The gray away jersey will have Kansas City in script instead of block letters. From what I've heard the Royals will wear blue undershirts on the road under their gray jerseys. They still will have a black alternate but it will say Kansas City in script instead of Royals. The powder blue alternates could return as early as 2007.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually after the end of the current season.

Right now, the Royals mods are all I really know about.

I've heard a fairly strong rumor that a couple more teams might move to Cream home uniforms in the future, but who knows if that will actually happen.

Pantone have you seen the Kansas City script yet? I'm interested to see if it will be the script from 1969 or a newer script that matches what they have on their home uniforms now.

All I know is what I've read on this board...same as everybody else.

I don't know nuthin' 'bout birthin' no babies...

• 4 weeks later...

Why does the MLB style guide not show the color of the teams socks? It pretty clear they spend a ton of money building this thing and then to leave off the socks off the site is a waste.

Think of some of the great "hose" of the past, 1972 white Sox red socks. Nice.

The late 80's Twins "M" embroidered on the sanitary hose. Nice.

Today, more players pulling up than ever and no color reproduction guidelines for socks?

Popps

In what year did MLB teams switch from powder blue to gray? Wasn't it an all-at-once change, or pretty close to it? I remember the Cards, Phils, Jays, Mariners, Rangers, Twins, Cubs, Brew Crew, Braves and Expos having powders, but in my opinion, the king of the powders was KC.

Maybe part of it was that they didn't feature any royal blue or anything else on their jerseys, only white. Although I seem to remember a baseball card from around 1981 with I believe Larry Gura on it, and the sun was hitting him so that you couldn't see his number on his back. Little contrast, I suppose. The idea with the royal blue outline might work even better.

Two factors I like: one is that when you see that KC powder blue, you think of George Brett charging out of the dugout about the pine tar, you think of lots of really good players from the 70s and 80s, and you think of winning, because that's about all KC did in the powder blues. Another is that the color itself is not too bad. Oilers/Titans have used it for going on forty years, UNC uses it, UCLA has a variation of it, the Nuggets have started using it. I run a school basketball program, and last year introduced powder blue as a uniform color, and it was the most popular one in the school, so the Fall Ball baseball team I am coaching right now has powder blue jerseys with navy hats with powder blue and white letters. The boys really like it, as do the parents. I say bring it back.

On the Reds, my favorite team, I posted another reply on another thread (my first--this is only my second) saying I really think the black could work if it was ONLY used as a shadow under the wishbone C on the hat, within the logo on the vest and under the CINCINNATI on the road vest. Lots of folks have been calling for the Reds to completely eliminate black, but I thought the two Reds uniforms they used from the 70s to the mid 90s (the Johnny Bench plain red-and-whites and the Barry Larkin "baker's hats" pinstriped whites with red) needed a little something to make them pop. Otherwise, way too much black right now. The official home jersey I purchased online a couple of years ago even came with the black t-shirt with Mr. Red on the shoulder wearing red sleeves.

Archived