Completed Kincks Concept

cyandlux

I like what you did. The "Empire State Building" jersey insert is unique. I'm not sure if the whole word "Knickerbockers" would work on a basketball jersey. It's just so long.

And I'd like to see more of the number font to pass judgement on it. Number "1" isn't a good representation.

Lastly the grey doesn't work for me. The only pro teams I remember wearing grey were the ABA Spurs and the Pistons when they played in the Silverdome.

:blink:

The silver might be a little too rec-league, huh? But I think its better than an orange alt. or a

black for that matter.

I think Knickerbockers would be the longest nickname in the league at 13 letters

(supersonics=11), I think that's what makes it unique.

I think the silver has to either:

A: Be more included in the home and road jerseys

or

B: Be dropped from the alt and replaced with orange.

I love the empire state side panels, all logos are looking exceptional, and the overall presentation is superb. Great job! :grin:

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

i love it.....even the grey alt-i don't think it looks too bad at all. I really like how you put a building along the sides-creative and effective. Only negative-"knickerbockers" looks way too long on the jersey

I dunno man, I dunno.

I'm not feeling the grey alternate at all. I don't really see how the Knicks can have an alternate jersey and look good with a color other than blue... a different shade of blue as an alternate would look far better IMO instead of going with orange, black, grey, etc.

I like the secondary logo with the Empire State Building... it's eerily similar to my secondary concept using the Chrysler Building (and also the Empire State, except the Chrysler worked better). Big ups on it. The only thing I would change about it is to lose the silver except for the final border around the circle. In other words, at the bottom where you have the grey outline of the building break into the blue stroke, just have the blues run into one another undisturbed. Changing the NY also might work in your favor because as it is right now, it seems to be a little bit crammed into the small space of the circle.

The primary reminds me of some early drafts I worked with when trying to make a new Knicks logo... which ultimately ended in me giving up and going with the current logo. Yours is nice, but I think it could be done better. I'd lose those little spokes of grey on the left and right of the wordmark. Maybe even lose the grey completely from the border of the wordmark in favor of orange? Also, maybe instead of allowing the top of the ball to show behind the building, maybe add in small buildings for more of a skyline effect perhaps? As it is right now, it just looks a little unfinished (for lack of a better term).

On the jerseys, I'm 50/50. The Knickerbockers on the home looks alright... I tried it also, and I just ended up going with Knicks instead... it looked cleaner and less crammed in... but then again, if Minnesota can have "TIMBERWOLVES" look good on their set, Knickerbockers really isn't so bad. Where your jerseys falter, IMO, is that they're too plain. They're more current in look, but they're also too plain. The side panels with the skyscraper I don't think works too well... I would keep it more simple to save it from looking like a fashion jersey or something. The New York wordmark on the road is fine... a little "Liberty-esque" or "Sacramento Monarchs" but I like it. It's something different. Going with white bordered in orange was an interesting choice... I would've gone classic orange with white, but your choice works alright. Again, it's something different which I can respect. I'd probably switch the primary on the shorts in favor of the secondary logo. And as for the collar, I'd make it two-colored or something other than simply orange... the only way I can really see using orange as the only color for the collar is if you used the wishbone cut... otherwise I think it's just way too much space for a single color.

Sorry to be so long with my comments, but being a die hard Knicks fan, I felt obligated to give my complete feedback ^_^ Overall though, you've got some good stuff in there... maybe some more tinkering, or even combining what you have into a single jersey that might do well as an alternate concept for the Knicks that doesn't look as tacky as an orange/black/silver might look.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I agree with you on most of your points, Starchild. I will try and work on incorporating your

ideas more, when I have the time, of course. Thanks for the imput. I want to get great feed

back like this so I can understand what is good and what is great so I can do it automatically

on my own, without all the C&C. Thanks, everyone! I'll get to it and have an update soon.

Archived