Winnipeg jets concept

oilfaninvan

i have a similar design like these which i actually prefer, i'll post it later. the lines are straighter to match the shape of the jersey and there are pilot -esque shoulder stripes.

this will give you an idea at least. i might lose the gradient and go with a lighter blue.

Hail the Jets

Vancouver 2010 Two Man Luge Gold Medalist.

http://www.geocities.com/oilfaninvan

i agree with STL FANATIC 100%.  The drafts look MUCH better (minus the gradient, as he said).  I actually REALLY like the font you used too.  It is original and very good looking, I've never seen that font used on a jersey/logo before, as I can recall.  What is it called?

-UJ

:cool:

Well... well well well... well..

drafts are definitely better. Italicized fonts shouldn't be arced IMO, and the name need not be arced anyway. Maybe arched (notice the spelling difference) where all the letters remain vertical, but not arced. I like the more traditional numbers more than what you've got here, and the Jets' last logo was better than the previous one that you've used here.

The gradient is pure :angry:.

I do appreciate the fact that you've gone non-cookie cutter, but I don't think I like the direction you've taken with these.

Being from Winnipeg, I'd be hard to please with any Jets concept, but I appreciate the time and effort you spent making something original.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Couple of issues:

1) Why stray away from the Jets old color scheme? Sure, blue and red doesn't scream uniqueness, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it ;) That color scheme worked very well for them with both their NHL-era logos, and I think the second scheme you've presented would look better with the shade of blue that the Jets originally used. If you're really that unhappy with it, I might try using Cobalt Blue instead (for an example, look at the Seahawks color scheme).

2) What paint program are you using? This may just be me, but your production still doesn't look that good. I think you need to start antialiasing your curved and diagonal line elements, it'll go a long way in creating the appearance of a finished product.

:)

QPR%20Sig.png

>>>What paint program are you using?  This may just be me, but your production still doesn't look that good.  I think you need to start antialiasing your curved and diagonal line elements, it'll go a long way in creating the appearance of a finished product.<<<<

YES!! how?!?!?! please tell me!! i have painter 7 but i am using old school "paint".

i'd love to learn how to get better textrures and that "shimmer". if you have any tips please let me know.

It's worth your while to invest in Paint Shop Pro 7 (not sure how much it costs now, but I bought mine two years ago for 80 bucks), you'll get much better results...

QPR%20Sig.png

Here's my concern about the 'finished' ones. If you picture this being worn on a live person, think how white it will be.

The stripes are all under the arms, in the armpits and down the sides. If a player doesn't have his arms over his head, all the stripes will be hidden in the space between the underside of the arm as it's up against the side of the body.

It will likely look like a practice jersey.

And that font for the numbers? Weird. Weird and too skinny.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

that's what i had intended. you can't see the lines at all times. but when a player scores and raises his arms you can. in my opinion, a home jersey should be white, there's nothing wrong with a predominately white jersey.

practice jerseys just need numbers and they can be worn? why not? like in soccer, white vs a colour. simple. "moderne"

Archived