Sports Riddle

rmackman

the Charlottle/Carolina Cobras?

After some strenuous research, I think you got it right on the money.

Heres my stab at a clever riddle:

This team has played in 3 different leagues in the same sport. They have also played in the same state under the same moniker. The first team moved, the second folded, and the third is still playing. Which team is it?

espnsig.gif

"This team has played in 3 different leagues in the same sport. They have also played in the same state under the same moniker. The first team moved, the second folded, and the third is still playing. Which team is it?"

Hmm....

Houston Texans (NFL) Folded after one season in the 1950's

Dallas Texans (AFL/NFL) Moved to Kansas City became Chiefs and still play

Houston Texans (WFL) Moved to Shreveport became Steamers then folded

Dallas Texans (Arena) Folded after 3 seasons

Houston Texans (NFL) Expansion team that plays there today

Same state, same name, same sport...

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

1. On one end, we only lasted a few years before being renamed. On the other, we were reborn from another team that started the exact same year as our original team. Even funnier, we now play the team that used to be us.

2. We have been in three cities, and have won one time in each city. We are the?

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

1. On one end, we only lasted a few years before being renamed. On the other, we were reborn from another team that started the exact same year as our original team. Even funnier, we now play the team that used to be us.

2. We have been in three cities, and have won one time in each city. We are the?

1. I'm guessing the California Golden Seals, who after a few years changed their name to the Oakland Seals, then eventually moved to Cleveland and became the Cleveland Barons, then merged with the Minnesota North Stars who debuted the same season as the Seals, then many years later broke away from Minnesota to become the San Jose Sharks, and then Minnesota moved to Dallas, becoming the Dallas Stars and are now a division rival of the San Jose Sharks.

2. I'm guessing the Athletics of the MLB.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The Braves (in Boston, Milwaukee and Atlanta).

My turn:

What do Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron and Willie Mays have in common, that Barry Bonds does not?

CK3ZP8E.jpg

2. We have been in three cities, and have won one time in each city.  We are the?

The Braves (in Boston, Milwaukee and Atlanta).

My turn:

What do Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron and Willie Mays have in common, that Barry Bonds does not?

they didn't use steroids?

GCEeffm.png

Archived