Home Alt Jersey Concepts: AL East (Part 1 of 6)

kingssss

I have made at least one home alt jersey concept for each MLB team. I will divide them up into divisions and then post them over the next few days.

(Template from BDugan)

Part I: AL East

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Toronto Blue Jays

Baltimore Orioles I

Baltimore Orioles II

Boston Red Sox I

Boston Red Sox II

New York Yankees I

New York Yankees II

Links to all other parts posted so far:

Part II: AL Central

Part III: AL West

Part IV: NL East

teamsnew2.png

2 things:

1) I don't think the Oriole bird would be very visible on the 2nd alt jersey in real life.

2) The pinstripes should be a little thicker on the second Yankees alt IMO.

But otherwise this works real well, I like it.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

This are pretty decent! Just one thing. I'm not too sure about the wordwork for the Red Sox on the right sleeve.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Ok these aren't bad.

But patches on both sleeves IMO looks real lame. I wouldnt do that, keep it to 0 or 1 if you must.

Nice job keep up the good work.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

My biggest beef with the Orioles' alts -- and it's been this way for a while -- is the absence of a third color, specifically white.

The first time they had black alts, there was white in there -- piping on the numbers and part of the striping with orange.

The simple orange-on-black they've had for the past few seasons is just too ordinary.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

All in all, not bad. But I am generally not a fan of alternates, and I would hate to see every team wearing multiple alternate uniforms over the course of a season. With so many relatively young teams - and 30 to keep track of leaguewide - this can lead to an identity crisis. And so many fans have formed such deep emotional bonds with certain uniforms that certain teams shouldn't be dressing in alternates at all.

That said, my take:

RAYS: These are actually my favorites out of all you put out.

JAYS: My least favorite, by far. I'm sorry, but the team's nickname has a color in it... shouldn't that be the dominant color? Allowing black to creep into one of the most beautiful identification packages in all of sports was one of the biggest tragedies in sports uniforms of the past decade.

O's: 1st one is OK, but I don't like the alternate "O's" logo. To me it comes off as a reach when the Orioles already have a great logo and color scheme but feel the need to force the cutesy nickname deeper into the national conscience by plastering it everywhere. Imagine if the Indians put "Tribe" on their hats in huge letters. Unnecessary.

O's: Black bird on black jersey means the bird disappears. A white outline would make this a usable concept.

SOX: I don't know if I could accept the Sox wearing hats without a red stylized "B" on the front. And I don't know about using small wordmarks as sleeve patches. Teams don't need patches on both arms for the sake of putting stuff everywhere.

YANKS: Pinstripes on alternates look worse than pinstripes on traditional road grays. And the wordmark patch comment from the Red Sox goes for the Yanks. For some teams it's not so bad (like Tampa). For teams like the Yankees and the Red Sox, it comes off as bush league.

I like the colored sanitaries beneath the stirrups. Yours is the first concept where I actually liked that.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived