Concept presentation

oilfaninvan

how do i get that shimmer look to my concepts? and how do i get the material look to it? i have Paint Shop Pro 8 now so i would assume it should be easy.

example: uniformity's calgary design (i didn't ask his permission, sorry dude, but i did PM him telling him i liked it alot...so sorry)

Example

(p.s. the point of this post is not to judge his concept, but to teach me how to come up with that "look" instead of the bland :censored:e i've been doing for so long.)

Vancouver 2010 Two Man Luge Gold Medalist.

http://www.geocities.com/oilfaninvan

To me, that's disctracting when looking at a conept.  Actually, that one's not so bad, but Kenworth's textures (for example) make it tough to tell what colour's really being used.

.png -should- have become the way and the light, really, but browser support isn't fully there yet.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

mmmm....textures.  The slightly crumpled texture is okay, but I find it uneccesary.  The burn texture kenworth uses is hard on me eyes.  It's kind of confusing and visually disorienting. But that's off topic.

To get the shimmer effect, like on the gold pieces on that Flames design, I'd just use a bunch of gradients.  You can see where is goes lighter to dark, then back to light again.  Well, just make a gradient with one end being a color slightly lighter than the flat color it would be, and the other end being slightly darker(by the same margin) than the flat color.  Then where that one ends, do another gradient with the start color being the same color it's next to (either light or dark) and end it with the other light/dark color.  And repeat until you're happy.

Hope that made sense.

Archived