NBA Europe Team 1: Sicily Sharks

AAO

2 outta 3 ain't bad right? :D

Looks nice.

Something about him still strikes me as though he's hovering or stationary. Particularly harmful to a shark cause, ya know.......they can't stop moving generally...lest they drown.

Gettin' there though. Looks better everytime.

Good work.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Great concept. A few minor critiques:

1. With the angle that the sharks fins are at, it looks as if he's not in motion. It kind of has the whole "limp" look going on, as if it is just letting it's fins dangle at his sides.

2. The dorsal fin in the territary logo differs greatly from the one in the primary logo. I personaly think that the fins should be consitant in each. Otherwise, it looks like you edited one and forgot to edit the other.

3. The two S's in the wordmark are noticeably different.

I can't wait to see the rest of NBA Europe.

I love the NBA Europe idea and the logo. Great stuff, looking forward to the rest!

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Great concept.  A few minor critiques:

1. With the angle that the sharks fins are at, it looks as if he's not in motion.  It kind of has the whole "limp" look going on, as if it is just letting it's fins dangle at his sides.

I can't wait to see the rest of NBA Europe.

yea maybe u can make the fins point back, as if it had just moved them to swim thru the water...this concept is comin along nicely, i cant wait team numero Dos ;)

Let me just say, I am sorry for what Im about to say and I love the logo BUT:

Sicily is a poor island, its the redheaded step daughter of Italy, they dont even sell out soccer games and the whole island has a pop of less than 2 mill - I would think.

Look: do some research on cities that DO support basketball teams. You know there was a proposal for a Euro Super League, maybe use these teams or consant winners or something.....bigger cities....ROME, MILAN, NAPLES. PLUS Europe has a lot of history....I dont know how accepting they would be of a "cookie cutter" team name and logo like Sharks, it needs to be sight specific and within the tradition of these cities, then and only then will you have a success and completed idea.

Let me just say, I am sorry for what Im about to say and I love the logo BUT:

Sicily is a poor island, its the redheaded step daughter of Italy, they dont even sell out soccer games and the whole island has a pop of less than 2 mill - I would think.

Look: do some research on cities that DO support basketball teams. You know there was a proposal for a Euro Super League, maybe use these teams or consant winners or something.....bigger cities....ROME, MILAN, NAPLES. PLUS Europe has a lot of history....I dont know how accepting they would be of a "cookie cutter" team name and logo like Sharks, it needs to be sight specific and within the tradition of these cities, then and only then will you have a success and completed idea.

totally understand. we may have been a little off with this one. Sharks is very generic. But, wait til you see the rest of the teams. I've found that they're right on point, and i believe you guys will too.

Archived