South Bend Concept

Voodoo Child

So I've been floating on the board for a bit, but I finally figured out how to post concepts. Here's my first, for single-A South Bend. Yeah, its awfully simple, but I kinda like simplicity...as always, C&C welcome. And there's a really, really, good chance that I didn't do the whole posting an image thing right.

Final-Presentation.gif

This concept is a load of BS :D

The concept is a lot better than most first tries on this board but there are a few small things.

1) Try shortening the South Bend script just a little so that you don't have the S inside armpit of the jersey.

2) The location of the logo on the pants is a little too bold for me.

But like I said before great job. :notworthy:

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

The first thing that drew my eye was on the road grays.

For one, the number is on the wrong side. With lettering that slants up toward the left shoulder, a large empty space is created on the left lower torso, which is where the number generally goes. Numbers only go on the right chest if the left chest has a monogram or logo on it. Where you have the numbers makes them look like an afterthought that got thrown in.

Also, with a two-word name, there's a natural space between the words. The gap between your words looks unnaturally large. And taking under advisement the previous idea to shrink the lettering so it's not in the armpits, you may have to have the letters run across where the two sides of the jersey button together. This happens commonly, especially if a team has only one word across the front, or uses script fonts. If you're not bound by the gap you've created, you'll have a lot more freedom to make this look sharper.

Good start; this will look great with some work.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Just curious: Why did the Silver Hawks drop this classy logo:

SouthBendSilverHawks96.GIF

and replace it with the dorky parrot?

SouthBendSilverHawks97.GIF

Because the White Sox, who used to own them, had good graphic designers apparently, but when the Diamondbacks took over ownership, the group that brought us purple sleeves and titanium jerseys needed to Barney-ize these fellas, too.

• 3 years later...
i think this is kewl! i like the fancy sb logo thingy too

Ok, a little advice here. You're not supposed to bump old threads. The last post on this thread was three years ago. People have been yelled at before (quite recently actually) for this sorta thing. So if I were you I would stop.

jNTsTyQ.png

Nice first try. I like the colors, but the design isn't all there. For one, the font is just so bland that it makes me want to cry. Also, the slanted wordmark feels forced, to say the least. And how 'bout a silver hawk for the Silver Hawks?

Sorry but I had to laugh because you gave some really good C&C on a 3 year old concept. Mr. Beastly, please don't.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Nice first try. I like the colors, but the design isn't all there. For one, the font is just so bland that it makes me want to cry. Also, the slanted wordmark feels forced, to say the least. And how 'bout a silver hawk for the Silver Hawks?

Sorry but I had to laugh because you gave some really good C&C on a 3 year old concept. Mr. Beastly, please don't.

haha, I was actually gonna do the same thing, but I read the rest of the thread to make sure no one said what I was going to say and I noticed the old quote feature on one of the posts. Seriously Mr. Beastly, you can't do this and your constructive criticism needs to be more than "This is kewl lol pwnd!!!!!!!!1."

Archived