Jays to bid for '08 All-Star Game?

officeglenn

The next AL site is so much less clear than the plethora of NL sites that are clear-cut. You know as soon as the new Yankee Stadium is ready, there will be an ASG there in a snap. But there just aren't any other obvious choices -- until MIN gets its new park.

The NL is, on the other hand, swimming in options -- the no-ASG "new" parks in ARZ, CIN, PHI and SD, the soon-to-come new parks in STL (06) and DC (08-09), and the always maybe new park in Miami.

Just one idea would be the next NL picks would be, in order: STL, ARZ, DC, SD, CIN, PHI. But there's no way to know.

I would take the opposite stand about New York. I would think that maybe it would be nice to have one more All Star Game in the old house before shutting it down and moving next door.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
unless the d-rays get a new stadium, they shouldnt get an all star game. the trop is a dump.

How the hell did that staidum ever get approved to host MLB games??

I was at a game there a couple years ago and its even worse when your there. It just doesnt feel good or like a baseball stadium inside at all. I mean, it could be worse, cause its not that terrible, but it is really bad. :upside:

teamsnew2.png

i read in my local newspaper (St Petersburg Times) today that after San Francisco in 2007, the All Star game will alternate between leagues again, so this gives the Yanks new stadium no shot until 2010. Here is my prediction for the next few years:

06 - Pittsburgh (already given)

07 - San Francisco (already given)

08 - Anaheim

09 - St Louis

10 - New York (AL)

11 - Philadelphia

12 - Kansas City or Tampa Bay

13 - Phoenix or Washington DC (if a stadium is built)

My prediction:

06- Pittsburgh (Already got)

07- San Fran (Already got, that's gonna be a fun HR derby)

08- Anaheim

09- St. Louis

10- Kansas City

11- Arizona

12- Boston (Fenway Park will be 100 years old, do you REALLY think MLB will miss a chance to miss such a showcase?) or New York (New Yankee Stadium)

13- Washington (New Stadium if built) or Philly (Citizen's Bank)

14- Minnesota (New Stadium) or New York (New Yankee, should it not host in 2012)

15- Cincy

16- Whoever doesn't host in 14

17- San Diego

18- San Jose/Oakland (Take your pick on wherever they moved to/built a new stadium) or Toronto

19- Miami/Las Vegas (Take your pick, whether they moved or built a new stadium) or New York (New Mets Stadium)

20- Baltimore (It's a hunch)

Of course, I doubt I'll even get 20% of these predictions right. Although I like my 2012 in Boston idea. Sure, it'd be a bit early from the last time they did it, but it'd make perfect sense with Fenway being 100 years old in 2012.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

ive been to the rogers centre twice and it is ok

been to the trop 7 times and it isnt THAT bad

been to the metrodome too many times and it is horrible absolutely horrible its the worst baseball stadium ive been to and i have been to 12 its horrible

Archived