Tank Stumper 7/22/05

NJTank

I believe the key here is the phrase "in a blizzard".

The 1948 NFL Championship Game at Shibe Park was played in one of the most ferocious blizzards in Philadelphia history. The host Eagles defeated the Chicago Cardinals, 7 - 0.

Speaking of Chicago, the 1932 NFL Championship was moved indoors as the result of a blizzard that hit the Windy City on that day. The Chicago Bears defeated the Portsmouth Spartans, 9 - 0 inside Chicago Stadium.

In point of fact, the 1967 "Ice Bowl" NFL Championship Game wasn't played in a blizzard. It was simply unbearably cold throughout the game (minus-13 degrees... minus-40, factoring in the wind chill).

I believe the key here is the phrase "in a blizzard".

The 1948 NFL Championship Game at Shibe Park was played in one of the most ferocious blizzards in Philadelphia history. The host Eagles defeated the Chicago Cardinals, 7 - 0.

Speaking of Chicago, the 1932 NFL Championship was moved indoors as the result of a blizzard that hit the Windy City on that day. The Chicago Bears defeated the Portsmouth Spartans, 9 - 0 inside Chicago Stadium.

You have too much knowledge, my friend. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

Besides, if it's 13-below zero, you can't have a blizzard. The temperature is too cold for a blizzard.

You can, however, have 13-below or colder wind chills during a blizzard.

And how do I know this? I live in North Dakota, silly.

i've always wondered about that, did they invent arena football that day, and can you imagine that happening in today's NFL?

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Archived