Overall the new CFL unis aren't great

Stampman

Yeah--the Stamps & Riders played Staurday night--in the last few years that could have meant 2 teams that shouldn't wear black pants that did--even last year when the Stamps seemed to cut down on the black pants it could have happened...

But not now--wow White pants vs Grey pants--and I am so glad reebok didn't give the Stamps home jerseys a white bib...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Certainly a fair point.

Am I the only one who thinks the piping that goes around the shoulders and under the collar looks cool on 'skill' position guys, but horrible on linemen?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Certainly a fair point.

Am I the only one who thinks the piping that goes around the shoulders and under the collar looks cool on 'skill' position guys, but horrible on linemen?

I agree---the linemen almost look like they're wearing a slightly different uni...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

No, that piping looks bad on anybody! :D What I don't like about these new uniforms is there are 3 different jersey templates.

Saskatchewan, Winnipeg, have the same style. Ottawa, and Toronto, also the same temp. BC., Calgary, and Hamilton all have the clown template. Montreal, I'm glad to say kept there unique uni. While the Edmonton look the same as last year(sleeve striping) but there jersey temp. is the same as Ott. and Tor.

If they were to go the same route as NFL Europe with all the teams having the same template, that would be OK I guess. My feeling is that Reebok was lazy on making the uniforms of the CFL. Which is too bad that Reebok could not capture the history of each of the leagues different markets.

No, that piping looks bad on anybody! ...

My feeling is that Reebok was lazy on making the uniforms of the CFL. Which is too bad that Reebok could not capture the history of each of the leagues different markets.

I agree it looks bad on anyone---but it does look different on linemen as well.

I agree on the history thing---for example--the Stamps road unis shoul have red #'s and the Renegades black #'s...

• 1 month later...
Stampman - love your avatar.  Is that movie ever gonna get made?  I heard it got dropped.

Best.  Comic.  Ever.

(For those who do not know--or who see this after I change avatars agin--it is the Watchmen smiley face--from a comic book mini series that...--well look it up on Google)

It was a great story, well told. And it was indeed thought provoking, and still entertaining. I like to point out the parallels between the Watchmen and the Incredibles--but I won't digress further except for this question-

Did you see the Radioactive Man (Bongo Comics) spoof of Watchmen?

Pure comic genius.

Archived