my ice rink

goalieboy82

at the ice rink i play at (fairfax ice arena) in corners of the ice surface, the ice dips about an about half a milimeters. there are signs that say that skating could be bad and the league i play in you have to sign a weaver to play, but if the ice is bad in the corner and they never get it and someone trips there, could they sue the rink because of it. we sign weavers but does the rink have to keep the rink safe for everyone?

thanks

so long and thanks for all the fish.

they should keep it safe for everyone, especially if they have public skates there, i'm guessing that they don't make every person who goes to one of those sign a WAIVER. But if you sign a waiver to skate or play hockey and the ice is what ends up injuring you then it sounds like the ice rink is not liable.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Actually, someone sued the rink I know of and made them fix the corner where the zamboni came out. Waiver means nothing, any 2 cent lawyer could tell you that and find it's way around it. I am sure it's only sheet of paper. Although I remember someone got injuried on dog eat dog and he is left with damage to his brain for the rest of his life and he couldn't sue because of the waiver he signed.

Yeah, waivers hardly ever stand up in court. But if it's only "half a millimetre," as you say, that's not very deep and I doubt anyone would really get hurt on that. Your average skate rut is probably deeper than that.

Archived