Durham Bulls vs. OLD Denver Broncos Logo

iowahoo

Since the Broncos "updated" their logo some of you younger fans might not have thought about how similar the old Broncos logo and the classic Durham Bulls logo are- one with a horse jumping through the D and the other with a bull similarly jumping through a D.

I was wondering if anyone else ever thought they looked very, very similar and if there was a connection either intentionally or coincidentatly based on when they both adopbted those logos.

I also wonder if the DUrham Bulls were to adopt the logo today if stupid NFL properties would allow them to use it or not. . .

DenverBroncos6897.GIF

bulls_logo.jpg

fade.gif

I believe the Bulls introduced this logo while Denver was still using the big D, and there's definitely some influence there, but neither the Broncos nor the NFL would have a case in court. One would have to practically recreate the Bronco's logo and either call themselves the Broncos, or field a professional football team. The precedent for trademark infringement is a very gray and but this case doesn't come near it.

Matt

"I got a porsche with a quadrophonic blaupunkt"

fuunny story, I saw Tim Robbins two weeks ago out on 6th avenue near my office.

He and Susan have a place nearby, (I've seen her too) and no one seemed to recognize

him as he strolled past bed bath & beyond. Being new york, I yelled out "hey meat".

He slowly turned his head and gave that smirky $hit eating grin he has, and gave

me the "hey" nod. Priceless.

I once saw Ryne Sandberg in Chicago walking his dog. It was a little dog. I didn't know what to say. My wife didn't know who he was, so the moment was lost on all, until now. I should have yelled, "Bruce Sutter threw cheese!!"

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Archived