Ucla football changes?

Chazberg

I noticed upon looking in my new Eastbay catalog that UCLA apparently has new football jerseys, or more accurately the same jerseys but with a plain number font taking the place of their awesome dollar-bill-looking numbers. I was really disappointed upon seeing this, and I hope it's just a mistake. I hate everything college teams have done with changes so far this year.

I don't recall the early 90's numbers having white between the gold and navy.  I was never really crazy about the most recent number set.  It's interesting (if in fact this is the new number set) that UCLA and Texas Tech (which also used a "script-like" number font) both ditched the schemes in the same year.  And, btw, I've always thought the Chicago Bears' number font would look good on the UCLA jersey.

Sorry to change the subject, but it also looks like Tennessee has changed their away to more like it was before last year. Last year's featured an orange stripe up the side of the pants and jersey and an orange stripe on the sleeves. I didn't mind the sleeves, but the stripe up the side was hideous. Getting rid of it, if as it appears they have, is a tremendous improvement.

Sorry to change the subject, but it also looks like Tennessee has changed their away to more like it was before last year. Last year's featured an orange stripe up the side of the pants and jersey and an orange stripe on the sleeves. I didn't mind the sleeves, but the stripe up the side was hideous. Getting rid of it, if as it appears they have, is a tremendous improvement.

Good to hear... I didn't think it looked good for them. Another thing I dislike about Tennessee's uniforms is how they use a black outline on the numbers but the logo and stripe on the helmet are plain orange. They really should pick one or the other.

They didn't use to have the black outline several years ago, but, with the color of orange that they use, the numbers were too hard to see without a darker color around them. I don't see any black ever being used for two reasons:

1. Its not an a team color and was only put on the #'s becuase there really wasn't any choice.

2. The helmet has been pretty much unchanged for many many years, and any change to something that traditional wouldn't be recieved very well by the fans. Last years uniform changes, for examlpe, were hated by a single Vols fan there is.

i can't really see UT wearing anything like the crap from last year again...thank god someone down there had the sense to get rid of those goddamn pants...and i know fulmer hates the orange pants but that ain't no excuse for those...those...those THINGS they had last year!!!

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Yeah, last year's were bad, but I think their regular unis are pretty boring, especially the roads. They should try orange pants, and some striping, maybe a checker stripe pattern like someone did in some concepts. That looked good. Anyway, back to the real subject of UCLA.... :D I think their old numbers were really cool and unique, as were Texas Tech's, and it's a shame to see them go.

They should try orange pants, and some striping, maybe a checker stripe pattern like someone did in some concepts. That looked good.

um, dude that was probably me, if youre thinking a subtle checkerboard pattern.  if not i'll shut up now :;):

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived