The Official NHL Yearbook

BCBoy

Does anybody know what happened to the Official NHL Yearbook?

The first one I have was the 1994 edition with Federov on the cover

then all the way to the 2004 edition with Bertuzzi on the cover (other's had Giguere)

Obviously "Faceoff" didn't come out with a 2005 edition but I was wondering if they were going to come out with a 2006 edition

I don't know if I'd buy it any way because of the way they have been going downhill in the past 2/3 years, after Wordsport properties no longer was part of the production

Anybody know a website where I could find further details about the yearbook?

Mmm...it'll be pretty hard to get it out that soon if they don't even know who will be on each team though. They can't really right up something about a team unless they know how much talent there is on the teams since many of the teams will/have changed drastically.

Couple things about the magazine I've noticed:

1. They took away the playoff review when they showed the series breakdown in each round

2. Less pictures

3. New font sucks, writing is very spaced out

4. Overall, look doesn't have the same "YEARBOOK" feel anymore

5. Price goes UP while magazine goes DOWN

Maybe someone coudl sell it on Ebay I would run periodic checks if you want them.

Looks like the problem is solved. I have just found in my attic both 1992 and 1993 yearbooks. DEFINATLEY the best of the bunch

The Hockey News always puts out a great one each year!

Yes, I agree, I've bought there last 3 season previews and still look at them today looking at the roster changes over the years. The magazine has really improved a lot every year while the Official NHL Yearbook has gone downhill the last 2 years

The Hockey News always puts out a great one each year!

Yes, I agree, I've bought there last 3 season previews and still look at them today looking at the roster changes over the years. The magazine has really improved a lot every year while the Official NHL Yearbook has gone downhill the last 2 years

Hockey News one is always good, I've bought that one for the last 10 years or so. The Official Yearbook always had the coolest pictures. The lighting always seemed to be perfect for their shots. First Official Yearbook I had was 1995, with *EDIT* Leetch (thanks Puckguy) on the cover...First year I really became a hockey fan.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I thought Faceoff took over for the former supplier. As for the cover boys...

1991-92: Brett Hull

1992-93: Mark Messier

1993-94: Mario Lemieux

1994-95: Brian Leetch

1995-96: Eric Lindros

1996-97: Joe Sakic

1997-98: Paul Kariya

1998-99: Jaromir Jagr

1999-2000: Wayne Gretzky

2000-01: Chris Pronger

2001-02: Joe Sakic

2002-03: Niklas Lidstrom

2003-04: Jean-Sebastien Giguere

I liked the original format, however a refreshed design was good.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I have different covers on the Faceoff Yearbooks than you, probably because they made a different cover for Canada.

1992: Brett Hull (Inside Publisher)

1993: Mario Lemieux (Inside Publisher)

1994: Sergei Federov (Faceoff)

1995: Doug Gilmore

1996: Eric Lindros

1997: Joe Sakic

1998: Paul Kariya

1999: Dominic Hasek

2000: Wayne Gretzky

2001: Chris Pronger

2002: Joe Sakic

2003: Jarome Iginla

2004: Todd Bertuzzi

I liked the original format, however a refreshed design was good.

I'm not a fan of the refreshed design at all. I think they took out something they were great at, and that was photography. They have less of everything, but since it is so spaced out it looks like a lot.

I think they release these by market like Street and Smiths dose. I actualy have last years with Jagr and Brodeur on it.

You have a 2005 Official NHL Yearbook from Faceoff???? I looked for them everywhere and COULDN'T FIND THEM! I only found THN Yearbook which I did pick up

Archived