AFL Guernseys

BupsJones

Besides the occassional listing on Ebay, mostly through Ebay Australia, and the team home sites, are there any other options on purchasing these AFL jerseys?

Websites, American Team Shops, Independent Sellers in the community, etc.???

I don't know of any sports store that sells AFL merchandise. Maybe because it's too expensive for retailers to sell. Your best bet is to actually buy the guernsey from the team store. If you're American the price you see is in A$, but that will also be how much you will pay in US$ when you factor in the conversion rate and shipping.

Well there is this online store, but I don't know how up to date this is.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/aussiedirect/genausfootle.html

I saw, I came, I left.

http://www.footygearonline.com.au sells jumpers, though on the downside they only sell homes, and use a team logo patch in place of the sponsor (though I view teh latter as an upside, that's a downer to those who would rather have the real deal). as mentioned before, you're best served ordering from the team sites cus you know they'll have the real deals and can number them authentically.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

As Discrim says, footgearonline is selling the Sekem jumpers.

They are a company that had a long term contract to make jumpers for the clubs, but don't have the rights to make them with sponsors logos, or the right to make 2nd, 3rd or 4th jumpers.

So you might get it a touch cheaper, but not the official jumpers.

Regard them as you would Replicas for North American sports.

For what you'd consider Authentics, I'd recommend AFL Store, which is the source of all of the club website attire.

Each club has their own website, which you can get to from http://afl.com.au

Click on the team you want, and all have links to their club shops.

Effectively, the clubs have an AFL Store, but only selling their own clubs stuff.

The problem with buying from the US is that someone has already included their mark-up, so any benefit you get from the weaker exchange rate is eaten up.

Although it's going to take a week longer to get your stuff, buying from Aus is going to be cheaper, even allowing for postage.

Or I could arrange it for you, if you're interested, drop me a PM.

I'll need to know which team, what you want and what price range you're thinking.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

For what you'd consider Authentics, I'd recommend AFL Store, which is the source of all of the club website attire.

Each club has their own website, which you can get to from http://afl.com.au

Click on the team you want, and all have links to their club shops.

Effectively, the clubs have an AFL Store, but only selling their own clubs stuff.

Also note that Essendon's official website is not affiliated with the AFL website like the other clubs:

http://www.essendonfc.com.au

I saw, I came, I left.

The third option, albeit far more complicated because its offline, would be to contact the the Club Shop of the club you're interested in.

In addition to the league-run AFL Stores and their online shopfront, each team also has its own club shop. The main difference is that buying from the club shop sends all the profits back to the club, rather than having to split them with the league. Pricing is usually not much different between the two, but occasionally you will find a better offer going at one or the other...particularly post-season.

wow you guys are terrific, thanks so much, i am mostly interested in a port power guernsey, but i am not sure which looks better, the home or away with lightning bolt...any thoughts?

and are the sizes similar to that or american basketball jerseys? if i am 6 feet 1 inch and 185 is a large sufficient?

wow you guys are terrific, thanks so much, i am mostly interested in a port power guernsey, but i am not sure which looks better, the home or away with lightning bolt...any thoughts?

and are the sizes similar to that or american basketball jerseys? if i am 6 feet 1 inch and 185 is a large sufficient?

Get the home one the away one is ugly as hell or even better buy a tigers one :D

temp.png

Buffalo Sabres Hockey Est.1970

and are the sizes similar to that or american basketball jerseys?  if i am 6 feet 1 inch and 185 is a large sufficient?

Here's a tip from the Kangaroos online store:

"Please note that Guernsey’s are a tighter fit then regular clothing. If you wish to wear the guernsey loosely, purchase a size above your regular size. I.e. if you wear a medium in a t-shirt purchase a large guernsey"

http://shop.afl.com.au/kangaroos/product.a...uct%5Fid=mr6272

I saw, I came, I left.

L or XL, I'd suggest. They'd usually be I think 105 and 110cm (41 and 43in) chest size respectively.

I know one thing, I'd have to get mine custom made solely for the fact that I'm a pretty big fella and would need a 3XL or 4XL, whichever can fit me. As I've seen, they don't sell em that big, I'd have to see about getting one custom made or make one myself.

I know somehtin else too, I myself prefer Port's away jumper, as I think the home one sucks. Shoot, I prefer the Roos' away from last year to this year's crap. And for good measure, the current Freo away pales in comparison to the original green roadies.

Okay, I'm done :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I know one thing, I'd have to get mine custom made solely for the fact that I'm a pretty big fella and would need a 3XL or 4XL, whichever can fit me.  As I've seen, they don't sell em that big, I'd have to see about getting one custom made or make one myself. 

I know somehtin else too, I myself prefer Port's away jumper, as I think the home one sucks.  Shoot, I prefer the Roos' away from last year to this year's crap.  And for good measure, the current Freo away pales in comparison to the original green roadies.

Okay, I'm done :hockeysmiley:

North only changed their jumpers because of the belief that everyone who was going to buy one of their Away jumper from the club shop had already done so.

Disgraceful in my opinion. The jumper was popular, and replaced by something plain, just because they now rely on the increased revenue from jumper sales.

It's becomming like an English soccer side at their club.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived