Jason White calls it a career...

Jigga

Seriously with White never playing a down (and Eric Crouch before him) the Heisman has become a joke.

You are seriously an idiot... The Heisman is for excellence in COLLGE FOOTBALL... Please pull your head out of your ass next time you think of making a uneducated remark.

What the :censored: is it with you people? If you don't agree with a post, that person's automatically an idiot? You can't debate and discuss without resorting to name calling?

Fine, I will sink to your level. ":censored: you and the boat you rode in on, b*tch." ...It's even fine if you can refute my point with some logic rather than resorting to calling people names. If you really want to see how much of an idiot I am, please come to Alexandria, Virginia, and I will personally give you the full display of just how ignorant I can get... You don't know me, you don't know my background, you don't know my level of education. Make sure you know something about me before you try to call me out.

[RON BURGUNDY] Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast! [/RON BURGUNDY]

Please refrain from all trident throwing and mace-wielding...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

You would think if you were the best college football player, you could make a mark on the NFL. Hell, so many busts and CFLers won the Heisman. Heisman lost so much creditability.

Thats very ture, but I think its an overrated award any way it is for colleeg excellence, and garuntees nothing in the NFL< and its no different then any other college achievement.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You would think if you were the best college football player, you could make a mark on the NFL. Hell, so many busts and CFLers won the Heisman. Heisman lost so much creditability.

How has the heisman lost credibility?

The heisman was never ment as a judgement bar for professional success. It was ment as an accolade for accomplishments in the past collegiate season.

Saying the Heisman has lost credibility based soley on the success of it's winners in the NFL is a ridiclous statement.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

How has the heisman lost credibility?

The heisman was never ment as a judgement bar for professional success. It was ment as an accolade for accomplishments in the past collegiate season.

Saying the Heisman has lost credibility based soley on the success of it's winners in the NFL is a ridiclous statement.

Eventhough I disagree with most of your post, I can respect the way you elucidate your point (pretty big word for an idiot). D-I NCAA football is a feeder system to the NFL, not a minor league, but if the "most outstanding player" at one level can't even make a roster on the next level, some of us (idiots, perhaps) have to question whether or not that player was indeed the "most outstanding" in the first place.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

thats rediculous, just cuz Jason White didnt make it in the NFL, you CAN NOT deny what he did his Heisman year, He earned it, he WAS the most outstanding, end of story. WHat do you think they are gonna start doing, " Well Joe Smith has had the best year this year, but I think John Doe will have a better NFL career, so we should give the Heisman to him, so it doesnt tarnish the trophy in later years when Joe is sitting on his couch and John is winning Super Bowls."

i dont think so.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived