Baltimore Orioles Concept...........

kingssss

Here's a few suggestions. Darken the black outlines on the home and road to match the "Baltimore" wordmark, change one of the alts to black for variation, and use the swinging bird as the home and road sleeve patch so it doesn't look like it came out of the blue.

VmWIn6B.png

I gotta agree with everything LMU said, plus I wouldn't mind seeing numbers on the front of the jerseys and orange piping on the gray pants. The numbers and lettering on the BP jersey bugs me a little as well ... I'd either go with the black with white outline (like on the alts) or vice versa ... the orange with black outline on the orange jersey is just throwing me off a bit.

Good look. But I would change the cartoon bird to the one they used in the early 70's with that "I'm gonna kill you look". It hung on a banner during the 1970 WS and said "Let's make the Reds blue." It's a hard one to find though.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Other than thickening the black outline to match the "Baltimore" road script (names, numbers, wordmarks), this is a great set.

The "Psycho Bird" came from the late '60s, and was an unofficial logo drawn by a local cartoonist. You can find it on the O's web site.

I don't know about 2 alternates though. 4 game jerseys plus a BP is one jersey too many, IMO.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

very good concept, man, i like it. :grin:

i like how u took the "O's" hat out of sets, and i personally like the bird ya got on the b.p. cause it reminds me of the the milwaukee bucks 60's logo with the cartoony animal. you really dont see that anymore these days. also im a fan of putting the city name on the road jersey. the only reason that they havent been putting "Baltimore" on the road jersey in recent years was because they were attempting to attract fans from washington d.c., and therefore almost never used "Baltimore" on anything (logos, jerseys, etc.). but as we all know, washington now has a team, so I think they should probably change it now. i agree with TCR when he said that you need to put orange bills on all of the caps. i'd also like to see orange piping on every pair of pants, the cartoon bird on the sleeves of each jersey (except for b.p. of course), similar font colors on the b.p.'s numbers and letters as in the alts, and thick black outlines on the home's numbers and letters and orioles wordmark.

overall i like it a lot :notworthy:

i give it nine thumbs up

Other than thickening the black outline to match the "Baltimore" road script (names, numbers, wordmarks), this is a great set.

The "Psycho Bird" came from the late '60s, and was an unofficial logo drawn by a local cartoonist.  You can find it on the O's web site.

I don't know about 2 alternates though.  4 game jerseys plus a BP is one jersey too many, IMO.

Using the names from the O's site, I prefer the "Walsh Bird" to the "Fun Bird" or "Baby Bird" on the unis. I dunno, "Fun Bird" looks a bit to me like one of Daffy Duck's children from the '40's Warner Bros. cartoons.

Then again I like Mr. Boh so what do I know? :P

Natty%20Big%20Gold%20Icon.JPG

tzch6.jpg

Archived