USA HOCKEY LOGO CONCEPT

shadesofblack

i decided to draw some sort of concept for the us hockey team...my best guess would that is would prolly be a good shoulder patch and maybe could be used as an alternate jersey but thats a stretch so anyways comments and criticisms are appreciated, thanks. also, whenever i draw things in paint on this particular computer im using, the colors look a lot different on the other computer we have. maybe its screens, idk....

USA Hockey Logo

but the colors are supposed to be as follow:

-a dark blue for the top of the shield

-a dark, almost maroon type red for the stripes

-light brown for the sticks

-and a combination of a light grey and and even lighter grey for the star points

This reminds of the crest the U.S. team had on their 1930s throwback jerseys in the 2004 World Cup of Hockey. I like the star in behind for a bit of modernization, but I think the hockey sticks and puck are kind of unnecessary, and it would look better without them. Addition by subtraction, you know? :D

Maybe as a sleeve patch. Unsure as a jersey crest. Ditch the "USA" and replace with stars - people will figure out which team is being represented, you can use that space for design elements.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like the design... you need to get a better program to work in though--photoshop or illustrator will do, pig. ^_^

I'd change the outline on the star also--either thicker and make the lighter grey white instead, or take the outlines out completely and darken both shades of the star. *shrugs*

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Archived