UHL, MO River Otters Unviel 2006 ASG Logo

STL FANATIC

uhlasg06_bg.jpg

MEDIA RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                                         

August 23, 2005                                                                                                                 

636-896-4247

Contact:  Brian Werger, UHL  636-625-6011, Dan Silver, Missouri          

UHL ALL-STAR CLASSIC LOGO UNVEILED

LAKE ST. LOUIS, MO ? The United Hockey League (UHL) and the Missouri River Otters unveiled the logo for the 2006 UHL All-Star Classic.  The 2006 UHL All-Star Classic will take place on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 at the Family Arena in St. Charles, Missouri.

The logo encompasses the marks of the UHL and the Missouri River Otters with the state of Missouri set as the background.  It was developed by Keith Flynn of Flynnagain Productions (www.flynnagain.com).

?We are honored to host the 2006 UHL All-Star Classic,? said Frank Buonomo, River Otters General Manager.  ?This will be a great opportunity for us to display the quality of our fan base, our community, and the Family Arena.?

?We are extremely excited about the 2006 UHL All-Star Classic,? stated Richard Brosal, UHL President/CEO.  ?The event gets better each season, and we look forward to making this the best yet.  It will be a great showcase for our league, the Missouri River Otters organization, and for the city of St. Charles.?

The Missouri River Otters are entering their seventh season as a member of the UHL.  The team plays at the 10,000-seat Family Arena in St. Charles, Missouri. 

The UHL is celebrating its 15th season with 14 member clubs in seven states. 

An electronic version of the logo is available upon request.

uhlasg06_sm.jpg

United Hockey League

1831 Lake St. Louis Blvd.

Lake St. Louis, MO 63367

636-625-6011   636-625-2009 fax

www.theuhl.com

Missouri River Otters

2002 Arena Parkway

St. Charles, MO 63303

636-896-4200   636-896-4294 fax

www.riverotters.com

Flynn usually does real nice work, but I'm not feeling this one so much.

The state of Missouri outline doesn't look right (seems vertically stretched), and even if it is, the balance of the logo is what is given it that 'off' feel.

I'm also not really feeling the use of colors. IMO, the green from the Otters logo should have been utilized instead of the red from the UHL logo.

Also, while I once really liked the font Gadget, it no longer looks real professional (not sure it ever did, but I liked it for personal use), and I'd prefer something a little...stronger.

One last thing I don't care for is the way it's written All STAR. Why not ALL STAR or All Star? I don't get the capitalization issue.

I know some of those issues were probably out of Flynn's hands, but regardless, this logo looks just kind of thrown together to me.

On the plus side, it's not guady or overly hard to look at. I just think it could have been better.

It's not too shabby...

About what I expect for the U...

I have to wonder what it would have looked like if the original hosts of this year's game (Richmond) had gone ahead with it instead of asking the league if they could host another year due to the financial issues the team had (no thanks to their ex-owner...what a scumbag :cursing: .....fret not, the Richmond team is still around, just under new management)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

The state of Missouri outline doesn't look right (seems vertically stretched), and even if it is, the balance of the logo is what is given it that 'off' feel.

I was wondering about that. It sorta looks more like Louisiana than Missouri

I saw, I came, I left.

due to the financial issues the team had (no thanks to their ex-owner...what a scumbag :cursing: .....fret not, the Richmond team is still around, just under new management)

Yep, the Riverdogs (crap name) are back, and with much meaner players signed :)

due to the financial issues the team had (no thanks to their ex-owner...what a scumbag  :cursing: .....fret not, the Richmond team is still around, just under new management)

Yep, the Riverdogs (crap name) are back, and with much meaner players signed :)

No kidding...

Danbury/Richmond games are gonna be FUN this season :D (Danbury STH..right in the middle with all the nuts behind the opposing bench :hockeysmiley: )

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived