Phillies logo

appleclock

Anyone here have an idea what the Phillies are using as their official primary logo these days?  Many sources seem to show the liberty bell one still being used, but when you go to the Phillies' official site, it shows a logo with the "Phillies" text with some kind of orbiting baseball with a blue streak flying around behind it.  Have they officially adopted a new look or are they waiting until next season when they move into their new ballpark?

The "Liberty Bell" logo is still the official primary Phillies logo.  The other logo, with "orbiting baseball" has been used exclusively by the Phillies web site for about two or three years.  I don't believe it is even designated as a secondary.

Anyone here have an idea what the Phillies are using as their official primary logo these days?  Many sources seem to show the liberty bell one still being used, but when you go to the Phillies' official site, it shows a logo with the "Phillies" text with some kind of orbiting baseball with a blue streak flying around behind it.  Have they officially adopted a new look or are they waiting until next season when they move into their new ballpark?

http://www.mlbguide.com/secure....ult.htm

logos.gif

The logo you speak of is here, so MLB seems to recognize it as an alternate.  I personally don't like it because it de-emphasizes the Liberty Bell, and there ought to be one team in Philadelphia that incorporates such a piece of American history in their logo.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

The logo you speak of is here, so MLB seems to recognize it as an alternate. I personally don't like it because it de-emphasizes the Liberty Bell, and there ought to be one team in Philadelphia that incorporates such a piece of American history in their logo.

I like the liberty bell logo but i dont really like the ball-field outline. I think they should update it when they move into the new ballpark next season.

Anyway thanks for helpin out. :cool:

i go to alot of phillies games, and the orbiting logo is used more than any other logo on the jumbotron/scoreboard.

AHS1.jpg

Look at the logo in the upper left hand corner of this card.  Would that make the orbiting logo the Phillies use now an update of a retro look?  Or is this too much of a stretch?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Archived