Web Design Question

andrewharrington

I am pretty new to Adobe GoLive, having recently only used DreamWeaver, and I have run into a block creating my website.

I am using Liquid CSS tables for the page template, and I need to know how to give my page template a minimum height, but have it be able to extend if there is a lot of text or images on the page.

So, say my minimum height is 600 pixels high. My welcome page, since it has only one paragraph on it, would be 600 pixels high, but my resume page, since it has lots of text on it, would "stretch" to maybe 800 pixels high.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Well, I didn't get exactly what I wanted, but I've figured out the scaling height property, and I am happy with the functionality. I had to set my table heights to a percentage instead of a pixel number. I had thought setting them to a pixel number would give them a minimum height, then they would scale automatically, but alas, that's not how it works I guess. Anyway, so now my footer scales to the bottom of my text like I wanted, but I do not know how get myelf a minimum body height with the scaling feature, so my pages with very little text are very short.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Could you provide a link to the current work you're trying to realize (or is it top-secret)?

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Spacers aren't needed in CSS-based layouts.

eat me :P

Hey, if you want to keep developing like it's 1997, go right ahead ^_^

I agree with Yzer on this one ^_^

* Runs *

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

perhaps add a blank block inside your text block, with a height of 600, and the outside text block at 100%

This way, it will always be 600 high to hold the inner block... but will go longer if its text pushes it further.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

perhaps add a blank block inside your text block, with a height of 600, and the outside text block at 100%

This way, it will always be 600 high to hold the inner block... but will go longer if its text pushes it further.

That's what I was sayin, but they ran me out of town :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived